addon domain registered on GoDaddy

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by max_world77, Apr 10, 2022.

1. max_world77

max_world77 New Member

greating
    can anyone help me and give me the right step to add domain registered on GoDaddy to ispconfig 3.2
    my FQDN server1. bolbol-it .ye
    and the registered domain bolbol-ye .com

thanks again

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2022
  2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I would first change my domain dns server to CloudFlare and then manage my A/AAAA, MX and other records from there.

3. max_world77

max_world77 New Member

can explain more please

4. ahrasis

I cannot since I no longer use GoDaddy to manage my domains but that was what I did when I was using it long time ago. All I remember is that there should be nameserver setting for your domain which allows to manage your record from GoDaddy or change it to other dns service provider like CloudFlare. You better off explore that yourself to understand better.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Makes no sense to use Cloudflare unless you want to use Cloudflare for their proxy services. You can probably use Godaddy DNS servers (as you do at the moment) or you can use DNS in ISPConfig (but this requires a second server or a third-party secondary DNS).

To add your domain to ISPConfig when using Godaddy DNS, create DNS A-Records at Godaddy for the domain name and all subdomains that you want to use that point to your servers IP address. Then add a MX record at Godaddy that points to your server hostname. Now you can add the website and mail domain + mailboxes in ISPConfig.

Btw. In case you want to use ISPConfig as DNS server, take a look here: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/setting-up-your-own-name-service-with-ispconfig/

6. ahrasis

Sorry but I like sharing my personal experience and using CloudFlare rather than GoDaddy DNS server has its own benefits especially when the servers are setup to use CloudFlare ipv4 and ipv6. I also know that that are arguable but I already suggested that using GoDaddy DNS server is possible.