Admin cannot login, other user logs in fine

Discussion in 'General' started by ngdm, May 8, 2016.

1. ngdm

ngdm New Member

Hi.
    I'm new to ISPConfig 3, and I'm having trouble with my 'admin' login to the panel. When I try to log in, it tells me every time that the username or password are incorrect. I've tried updating the password directly in the db table, and it always updates fine, but I can't get in, always being told the username or password are wrong.
    The user account I created has no problems, but doesn't have the permissions I need from the 'admin' account just now.
    Can someone help me figure out what's going wrong here?

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

If that other user is working, can't you set his role in the mysql to admin? Then login as that user with admin privileges. Remove the other admin user and recreate that one? then finally demote your "normal" user again to being a normal user?

Just an idea. Never tried it.

3. ngdm

ngdm New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't work, but I wound up rebuilding the server (I'm only just learning), so that problem is gone.

4. Tuumke

Tuumke Active Member

Having the same problems.
    auth.log shows successful logins, but the page shown is login screen again...
    -edit-
    I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 as OS. In FF, it doesnt log though. In Chromium, it does... hhmm

Last edited: May 11, 2016