Admin notification being marked as spam

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by babydunk, Aug 18, 2016.

1. babydunk

babydunk Member

Hello
    i use a script which has a build-in notification system when someone posts something on the site i get a notified.

now i only started getting the **SPAM** mark just after i change the outboard delivery email for the script to [email protected]. the reason for the change is because hotmail was spamming all other email addresses from this domain apart from the postmaster. i have been battling with hotmail for a long time now and this seems to fix my problem :D

the admin notification mail is always delivered by webmaster.

i also see a difference in the title, there is a gap. heres of before
    and after , that gap isn't show when posted in this thread

here is my email header. i dont really understand but i think its something to do with an image that's sent with almost every notitication. i never noticed any bother with until the outboard delivery mail address was changed
    Thank you :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't think that your problem is caused by the title. You can see the rules that got applied in the mail header, the highest score is:

FREEMAIL_FORGED_REPLYTO=2.503

So the problem is as far as I understand the message that the replyto address is from a freemail account and amavis sees this as faked sender address as your server is not that freemail hoster.

HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_16=1.048

Probably just an image inside the html part of the email. emails with just an image and without text are unusual for "real" emails, so this causes a high score as well.

You probably have to change the replyto address to a non hotmail address.

3. babydunk

babydunk Member

Hi Till thank you for your quick reply

the replyto address is set by the user who actually send the message. i just get a copy sent to admin for moderation.

i just had another look and now these message are not being marked as spam . there is no replyto address in the header. my dkim is also now showing in the header which it never did with the spam mark message :-/

the world of email servers could put you around the twist lol