Admin panel won't load completely.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mghodge, Oct 3, 2005.

1. mghodge

mghodge New Member

I am evaluating ISPConfig on a test server and not having much success. I am using Fedora 4 on a Dual Pentium III server. I followed the "perfect" installation instructions and had no errors during install. However, when I try to access the control panel on port 81 it never loads completely. Sometimes the top nav bar will not display, other times it's the right or left frame that will be blank. It's random. This happens on IE and Firefox. I have tried both https and http and tried many different entries in the config.php for the URL. The server is behind a DSL router at IP address 192.168.0.10 using NAT passing all ports. Port 80 data (or any other service) doesn't seem to have problems, just the ISPConfig panel at 81.

What I have done wrong?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

So the URL you use for accessing ISPConfig is the same as the one that's in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php?

Do you try to access ISPConfig from outside your local network or from within?

3. mghodge

mghodge New Member

Yes, the url in config.inc.php is the same as the one I use from outside the network. http://pike.forumexperts.com:81 you can try it yourself.

user:testseller
    pass:testpass

This is a 100% test environment so I don't mind giving out the login info. login and navigate around, see if some of the pages fail to appear for you.

4. falko

I get the same behaviour. Do the name servers you use on your ISPConfig box resolve pike.forumexperts.com correctly?

5. mghodge

mghodge New Member

It would appear so...

Code:
    [root@pike ~]# dig @localhost pike.forumexperts.com           

; <<>> DiG 9.3.1 <<>> @localhost pike.forumexperts.com
    ; (1 server found)
    ;; global options:  printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 50382
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;pike.forumexperts.com.         IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    pike.forumexperts.com.  86066   IN      A       68.209.234.91

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    forumexperts.com.       86066   IN      NS      ns1.forumexperts.com.
    forumexperts.com.       86066   IN      NS      ns2.forumexperts.com.

;; Query time: 1 msec
    ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
    ;; WHEN: Mon Oct  3 16:30:32 2005
    ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 91

6. falko

And is 68.209.234.91 your public IP address?

7. mghodge

mghodge New Member

Yes, it's static. I have given up on ISPConfig and uninstalled it from the testbed. It just doesn't seem ready for prime-time. Thanks for your attempt to help.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  8. falko

I'm sure your problems don't arise from ISPConfig itself, but rather from your network-/router configuration. :)