Admin User

Discussion in 'General' started by dayjahone, Jun 25, 2009.

1. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

I deleted an admin user, then restored it but it did not show up in my list of users like it normally does. So, now it's not in the list of users and it's not in the recycle bin and it's not in my "User" directory on the server. PLEAASE help! I can't get on to change anything.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Which ISPConfig version?
    Have you tried to log out and back in?

3. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

ISPConfig
    Version: 2.2.25

I have tried logging in and out of ISPConfig several times. I've also tried emptying the recycle bin several times.

4. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

I also restarted ISPConfig using

/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart

It says the username already exists and that there is already an admin user. I just can't find it anywhere.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What kind of users are you talking about? ISPConfig controlpanle users or linux system users?

6. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

Admin user of a website...through the ispconfig control panel. Basically, now I can't create an admin user for a website because it says an admin already exists. So I can't edit that website!

7. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

Is there any way to manually switch it so there is no admin user for the site? I'd really like to avoid deleting the website and recreating it as there are a lot of users.

8. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

So......I have to delete the website and create it again? Crap.

9. till

Search the user in the database and change the admin field so that its not an admin anymore, then add a new admin.

10. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

Thanks, Till.

How do I search for it? I am guessing I need my root mysql password to get on with phpMyAdmin? Is there somewhere I might find that? I am not sure what it is.

Thanks.

11. till

Take a look in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib.config.inc.php for the user and passwors to login into the ispconfig database. Then login with phpmyadmin and search for the user in the isp_isp_user database table.