Advanced Email Routing

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Nikola, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Nikola

Nikola Member

Hello,

I host website example.tld with mx , I want filter all emails from spam and route to MSExchange server on some public IP.

Should i use "Advanced Email Routing?" in "Email accounts -> Advanced Email Routing", IP of MSExchange i wrote on Destination in Advanced Email Routing in ISP, and domain name : example.tld ?

My steps are:

1. Add DNS Zone: example.tld
    2. Add new website: example.tld
    3. Add Email Domain: example.tld
    4. Add Advanced Email Routing: example.tld

Its right setup/use?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats mostly correct. But do not add is as email domain (2) if you want to forward it, as this means that the domain can not be routed anymore. You can only route a domain or set it as email domain but not both.

3. Nikola

Nikola Member

4. till

The fix is what I told you above. Delete the email domain. The error accours if you have a redirect and email domain, but you need only the redirect and not the email domain.

5. Nikola

Nikola Member

im sorry, ok

and in some email 4 accounts from domain microsoft.xxx i want use POP3/IMAP and not route on IP, its possible? :)

6. till

No. You can either route a domain or have it as local domain with mailboxes but not both.

The only solution that I see is that you create a subdomain as maildomain like local.microsoft.xxx and then add routing rules for the email accounts that shall stay local like route [email protected] to > [email protected]

7. Nikola

Nikola Member

ok, im going to support you guys, i will send some $$. Thx

8. Nikola

Nikola Member

when i delete email domain ms.xxx + added user on ms.xxx , spam filter is not function on Advanced Email Routing ms.xxx ...

9. till

You have to add a record under spamfilter > email / Domain with the email pattern:

@ms.xxx

10. Nikola

Nikola Member

some problem yet:

Feb 23 06:55:18 gate postfix/smtpd[14944]: warning: numeric domain name in resource data of MX record for ms.com: xx.xxx.xxx.xx

11. till

This is not realtade to the mailserver, its a dns problem. You entered an IP address as MX record, but thats invalid. MX records have to point to a domain or hostname.