After dist-upgrade from jessie to stretch I can no longer SSH into the server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by webguyz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. MaxT

MaxT Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good luck! I feel brotherhood with your linux headaches :)

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The key part was this:
    My guess is the sshd_config in use is from Jessie or even from before that, and it has some setting which is not OK in current version of SSH (or current version of SSH clients).

ahrasis likes this.
  3. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I did a apt-get purge openssh-server (the config files were removed) apt-get install openssh-server installed new sshd_config.

4. webguyz

Till,
    I am ready to install my replacement master server and verified putty works fine. I should probably install ISPConfig first. I currently have version 3.1.13 on my master. How do I install a specific version of ISPConfig? All the scripts I see install the latest version which is 3.1.14p2. Want to get to where the old master was and get it working correctly with version 3.1.13

How should I put ISPconfig in maintenance mode after installing ISPConfig and start the dbispconfig db move to the new master. Should I block port 3306 access from all slave servers?

I would export the dbispconfig table and mysql table to get ISPConfig and users and privileges. I verified that both my current and the new master are running Maria ver 10.1.38 so there should no be any schema issues
    SCP the exported Mysql tables and import them.

Switch the IP's between the old master and new master and reboot

Anything I'm missing here?
    Thanks

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Download the installation file you want and install that.
    Next you ask how to get that version. There is a link to old versions of ISPConfig installation files on ISPConfig download page. https://www.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/download/
    Putting to maintenance mode is documented in ISPConfig Manual 3.1 on page 293.
    Depends on what you are trying to achieve.

6. webguyz

Thanks Taleman,

Looks like they don't have 3.1.13 archived. My bad luck continues :). Anybody else have ISPConfig-3.1.13.tar.gz

For copying over the database I read that its possible to do an rsync of the entire /var/lib/mysql from the old server to the new server if the os and mariadb versions are the same and in my case they are. Was wondering if its better to do this rather then mysqldump of all databases and then users and privileges. Don't know if there is any downside to doing this.

7. webguyz