After ISPConfig installed - Disk Partition

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sushestvo, Oct 12, 2005.

1. sushestvo

sushestvo Member

I have two questions after install.
    First, in Management > Server > Settings > DNS
    what should I have for NS1 and NS2?
    Server is on domain like 'server.mydomain.com'
    So for NS1 and NS2 should I create ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com and point my 2 IPs to them? And then input ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com into DNS under ISPConfig?
    Second question.
    When I look at server status, I see place for Disk partitions and it has:
    /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 - which has no space, avail or % - pretty much everything is empty.
    What is that?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

NS1 must be a domain that points to your primary nameserver and NS2 a domain that points to your secondary nameserver. Normally primary and secondary nameserver are not located on the same server.

Maybe the format of the linux command is different when using volume groups and so the output of the webpage is not correct.

3. sushestvo

sushestvo Member

Ok, I have probably last question.
    If I'm going to buy 3rd IP from my ISP, is there any way to create a web-site under my ISPConfig for that specific IP? Because one of my web-sites I want to be on separate IP than everything else, but still on the same server.
    How do I go about this?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats no problem. You cann add as many IP's as you want under Management > Server > Settings in ISPConfig and select for each website which IP it shall use.

5. sushestvo

sushestvo Member

Thank you for your help!