After migration websites go to default start page

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Taleman, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm testing the multiserver setup where I migrated old servers yesterday. First there was one site where IP address was given as a number and all URL went to that. I checked on old host, there it was also IP-address and not *. Don't know why it worked there but not now.
    After fixing that (changed IP-adress to *) now all sites go to the default start page. This I can not figure out. I am sure this has been asked before, but I did not find helpful threads now. The configurations I checked seem OK.
    The sites I am now testing are static pages only. When those work I'm going to test sites with CMS.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Found out what it was. The next in line website with IP given as number did not have the web files installed, so that went to default host. I did not realise this was the same issue as before, since there was no indication what website had the problem. Now I check with apachectl -S what it shows for default host, seems when I fix one there is always another. I'll look at the database and try to fix all websites with one query.