After upgrade from old svn to 3.0.1.6 no more apache config updates

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by quentusrex, Feb 14, 2010.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What do you mean with same issue? You get the error:

ERROR 126 (HY000) at line 1: Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_213e_0.MYI'; try to repair it

again in the update output? Then yout´r tables are still not repaired, maybe you looked into the wrong database.

2. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

Stopping amavisd: amavisd-new.
    ERROR 126 (HY000) at line 1: Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_2fef_0.MYI'; try to repair it
    Starting amavisd: amavisd-new.
    * Stopping ClamAV daemon clamd
    ...done.

3. till

Check with:

df -h

that none of the partitions is full.

Also, there is no table sql_2fef in ispconfig. Did you add some other tables in your ispconfig database?

4. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

till,

This might be an issue. There is only 100MB free on the non /var/ drive. Is there a way to tell ispconfig upgrade to use a different location for the upgrades. Such as /var/tmp/ or something.

5. till

100Mb might be really a problem, as other things like system updates might not work too anymore.

Please check the /root folder, there should be backups of the ispconfig db created with every update. You might want to delete all unneeded backups. Then download the ispconfig tar.gz to a folder like /var/tmp and unpack it there and run the update.php script from there. as a temporary sql file will be created in thhe install folder. You can also change the line:

$backup_db_name = '/root/ispconfig_db_backup_'.@date('Y-m-d_h-i').'.sql';

to:

$backup_db_name = '/var/tmp/ispconfig_db_backup_'.@date('Y-m-d_h-i').'.sql';

in the update.php file before you run the update.

6. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

The sql backups are less than a meg each. I don't think that is the issue.

7. till

Please try what I suggested. You should be aware that mysql creates temporary tables during the import process which can be a lot more in size.

8. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

Alright, the system needed 110MB to run the upgrade. But the problem still remains. We fixed one issue, but that isn't the issue with the config changes.

9. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

php -f update.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    _____ ___________ _____ __ _
    |_ _/ ___| ___ \ / __ \ / _(_)
    | | \ `--.| |_/ / | / \/ ___ _ __ | |_ _ __ _
    | | `--. \ __/ | | / _ \| '_ \| _| |/ _` |
    _| |_/\__/ / | | \__/\ (_) | | | | | | | (_| |
    \___/\____/\_| \____/\___/|_| |_|_| |_|\__, |
    __/ |
    |___/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> Update

Operating System: Debian Lenny/Sid or compatible

This application will update ISPConfig 3 on your server.
    MySQL root password []: **************

Reconfigure Services? (yes,no) [yes]:

Configuring Postfix
    Configuring Jailkit
    Configuring SASL
    Configuring PAM
    Configuring Courier
    Configuring Spamassassin
    Configuring Amavisd
    Configuring Getmail
    Configuring Pureftpd
    Configuring MyDNS
    Configuring Apache
    Configuring vlogger
    Configuring Database
    Configuring Firewall
    Updating ISPConfig
    ISPConfig Port [8080]:

Reconfigure Crontab? (yes,no) [yes]:

Updating Crontab
    Restarting services ...
    * Stopping MySQL database server mysqld
    ...done.
    * Starting MySQL database server mysqld
    ...done.
    * Checking for corrupt, not cleanly closed and upgrade needing tables.
    * Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix
    ...done.
    * Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix
    ...done.
    * Stopping SASL Authentication Daemon saslauthd
    ...done.
    * Starting SASL Authentication Daemon saslauthd
    ...done.
    Stopping amavisd: amavisd-new.
    Starting amavisd: amavisd-new.
    * Stopping ClamAV daemon clamd
    ...done.
    * Starting ClamAV daemon clamd
    LibClamAV Warning: ***********************************************************
    LibClamAV Warning: *** This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated. ***
    LibClamAV Warning: *** DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq ***
    LibClamAV Warning: *** This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated. ***
    LibClamAV Warning: *** DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq ***
    ...done.
    * Stopping Courier authentication services authdaemond
    ...done.
    * Starting Courier authentication services authdaemond
    ...done.
    * Stopping Courier IMAP server...
    ...done.
    * Starting Courier IMAP server...
    ...done.
    * Stopping Courier IMAP-SSL server...
    ...done.
    * Starting Courier IMAP-SSL server...
    ...done.
    * Stopping Courier POP3 server...
    ...done.
    * Starting Courier POP3 server...
    ...done.
    * Stopping Courier POP3-SSL server...
    ...done.
    * Starting Courier POP3-SSL server...
    ...done.
    * Restarting web server apache2
    ... waiting ...done.
    Restarting ftp server: Running: /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd-mysql -l mysql:/etc/pure-ftpd/db/mysql.conf -l pam -b -A -O clf:/var/log/pure-ftpd/transfer.log -E -u 1000 -H -B
    Update finished.

10. till

Ok.Looks better now.

11. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

That part is better, except I just added a site and there are no changes applied. No symbolic link in /var/www no new site in /etc/apache2/sites-available/ etc...

12. till

Did you check everything we discussed here:

1) After you added the new site, was there a item listed in the jobqueue or not? You have to chach this right after you added the site.
    2) Did you run the server.sh script? Which exact output did you got on the shell?

13. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

confirmed. Nothing is making it to the job queue.

22.02.2010-13:42 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    22.02.2010-13:42 - DEBUG - No Updated records found, starting only the core.
    22.02.2010-13:42 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished.

14. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

The problem now seems to be there before the task makes it to the job queue. Is there a way to turn debugging on for that feature. Also, how does the job queue work?

15. till

enable debugging in mysql.

The jobqueue contains a serialized object with the changes that were done on a database record as it is nescessary for many configuration changes to have the old and new state of all fields.

16. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

How should I enable debugging in mysql? What debug info will be useful for you?

17. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

Till,

Is there a way to dump full settings and configs? Basically I dump the full client details, install on a new server that is 3.0.1.6 from scratch.

Is there a way to run a diagnostics? Such as able to check md5 sums on files to see if they are the proper ones? also sanity check the database? I've checked everything I can think of, but it seems only the apache configs that don't get updated because nothing every gets put into the job queue.

18. till

All settings are in the DB and as the DB seems to be corrupted somehow, I'am not sure if they can be imported into a new system without corrupting that too then.

Enable logging in mysql my.cnf (see mysql documentation for details). This will log all queries to the mysql db and then check if there are inserts to the sys_datalog table and post one of the inert queries here.

19. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

I think we have found a string to pull on. The sys_datalog is full of the changes that I had been waiting for.

So, what would cause the changes to pile up in that table and not be run?

I still there part of the problem was that query. Since there is no column by that name. Also, how does ISPConfig handle sql errors?

20. till

Ok. Please export the complete last row with phpmyadmin and post it.

If a software version runs on > 10.000 servers without problems, then you can be sure that ist not a problem in the code of this software version. The problem that might be on your system is that you might not run a correct 3.0.1.6 version or the database does not match as I pointed out already.