After Upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04.01 all websites get 502

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by DantePasquale, Nov 30, 2018.

1. DantePasquale

DantePasquale Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hmmm, how do I force ispconfig to update? The ispconfig_update.sh script says there's no update.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. DantePasquale

umm somehow I deleted your post! Anyway, I ran the php -q update.php and reconfigured the servicesp

And still get the 502 error.

I'll try re-installing php7.0-fpm later today to see if that fixes anything

4. DantePasquale

Well, here's what I did -- I deleted the /etc/nginx/sites-available/ispconfig.vhost file. Then I edited the update.php file to create the new ispconfig.vhost file and things are OK. However, one website still had some issues -- in order to get phpinfo.php to return data (it was somehow still using the php7.0-rpm/xxx.sock file) I had to create an nginx snippet for php7.2-fpm and add that to the definition??? Why would I need to do that???
    Anyway that website is working properly now at least as far as I've tested.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I can't tell you as I never had to do that. Basically, ISPConfig generates the vhosts and PHP-FPM files based on the settings that you made under system > server config and system > PHP settings and these have to match your system environment. If they don't match then the resulting config will fail.

6. DantePasquale

So,if I set up php7.2-fpm under system > server config and system > PHP settings and choose that instead of 'default' would that tell us anything?
    How do I modify 'default' if needed?

7. till

Under system > server config you must use the settings which match the PHP version that is installed on your system. If that PHP 7.2 or 7.0 or whatever does not matter. You simply must have a config setting that matches the reality of the programs installed on your server and if that's not the case, any config must fail.

Default = System > server config. So when you have correct settings under system > server config, then the settings for default PHP are correct automatically for new or updates websites.

Inforaga likes this.
  8. DantePasquale

So, these settings are incorrect because they should be using fpm-7.2 not 7.0, right? Screenshot from 2019-01-02 10-11-48.png

9. till

Yes, these are the settings for the old Ubuntu version, you should change them from 7.0 to 7.2 to match the new default PHP version of Ubuntu 18.04.

10. DantePasquale

I've now updated and things look good. Thanks for the help everyone! Can we mark this as 'Solved'??