All Dedicated Server using under 1 name server?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by webking, Jul 10, 2007.

1. webking

webking New Member

Hi,

I m a simple question about DNS configuration.

How do you configure to have all your VPS servers to use one Name Server.

Let say I have 5 VPS servers w/ 5 Ispconfig on it.

I have 5 domains and want to use under 5 VPS Servers.

I have setup NS1.domain1.com and NS2.domain1.com on one VPS and use domain1.com to use NS1 and NS2.domain1.com. This part works fine. Here is the tough one.

How do I setup domain2.com, domain3.com, domain4.com, domain5.com to use NS1 and NS2.domain1.com Name Servers so all other domains on each of its VPS to use only under one name server.

Domain2.com
    NS1.domain1.com
    NS2.domain1.com

Domain3.com
    NS1.domain1.com
    NS2.domain1.com

etc...

What are the steps? because I m selling VPS servers and want customer to use their domains to use my Name Server. PLease explain. Thanks much.

2. webking

webking New Member

Anyone if this is possible at all?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just create all domains in the DNS manager on one of your VPS systems and do not enable the "c´reate DNS" checkbox when you create websites on the other systems.

4. webking

webking New Member

What i meant is that if I configure the DNS for all domains on one of the VPS, then how would it be possible for the other VPS to add unlimited domains?

What I really want is that all VPSs are able to host unlimited domains but the Name Server is going to be under one only. Any idea?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not configure more then one server from one controlpanel in ISPConfig 3.