-all in SPF option?

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by edge, Aug 31, 2007.

1. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Anyone here who might know how to get the "-all" option set within the ISPconfig SPF record option?

The closest that I can get to a "-all" is "~all", and this does make a big difference

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First, sorry for the late reply. I had to have a look at the ISPConfig sources first :)

There is no easy way to change this. If you have a look at the file /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/ispconfig_bind.lib.php you might change it around line 258

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Thanks till,

Maybe it's a nice feature for the next version of ISPconfig?

Something like some preset SPF records option, where the admin can make a selection of some preset SPF's?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats a nice idea. I moved this thread to the feature request forum.

5. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

As I can't get SPF records to work for domains I hosted prior to ISPConfig supporting this, would it be possible to make this available for existing domains as well?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can't create SPF records for domains (with a recent ISPConfig version) that you created with an old ISPConfig version that didn't support SPF? :confused:

7. koffiejunkie

koffiejunkie New Member

To add to the feature request part of this thread, it would be really nice if there was an option to just enter the spf record manually, instead of using the web form. The reason for this is to make migrations easier. It's far quicker and less error-prone to copy and paste from old zone files than to have to interpret the current ones and fill out the form. Especially if users are doing it themselves.

8. tensor

tensor New Member

Currently there is a code to check for all_.

if($spfrecord['all_'] == 1){
    $spf .= '~all';
    } else {
    $spf .= '?all';
    }

Is it possible to add 2 to mean "-all" and 3 to mean "+all"?

9. k3n

k3n New Member

don't create the spf entry with ispconfig, then add your spf entry
    to your bind pri.example.com files:
    ;;;; MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ;;;;
    example.com. TXT "v=spf1 a -all"