All sites created show the same folder client0 and web1

Discussion in 'General' started by jacielp, Mar 28, 2017.

1. jacielp

jacielp New Member

I recently installed ISP config on a VPS to migrate my sites. I used the Cpanel and would like to test the ISPCONFIG3.
    The problem is that all sites on the ISP always show the last site created in all addresses.

Example: site 1: appropriaganda.com.br >> client0 >> web1 >>
    Site 2 atuair.com.br >> client0 >> web1 (in the latter case it should be web2 but this does not happen)

Could someone there help me?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Either you mixed up IP and `* in the websites, use either the IP or * for all sites, or the domains do not point to the correct IP address in dns, or the sites were not created at all (check if vhost files got created without .err ending in /etc/apache2/sites-available on Debian and Ubuntu or the corresponding folder in /etc/httpd/.... on CentOS).

ProtocolNebula likes this.
  3. ProtocolNebula

ProtocolNebula New Member

Why this occur? I mean... Why I can't mix IP and "*"? I had the same issue and it was solved changing to IP.

Thanks!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

An IP address is always a stronger match than a wildcard in apache and nginx. so when you mix IP and *, then nginx and apache will both forward all traffic to the website that owns the IP. The domain name is ignored in that case.

ProtocolNebula likes this.
  5. ProtocolNebula

ProtocolNebula New Member

Oh, this explains all.
    A lot of thanks.