All sites down after upgrading to 3.1.1 & resync

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Aivaras, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

hello,
    I have wery big problem after upgrading slave server to 3.1.1 and resync all services and sites. All sites are down. Web-Server: Offline. System-logs like this:
    Code:
    2016-10-27 16:06     001fr-web.hostingex.net     Warning     Apache did not restart after the configuration change for website reklamos.lt. Reverting the configuration. Saved non-working config as /etc/apache2/sites-available/website.name.vhost.err    

No any apache error log..
    I have attached system-log error messages for one site.. (all sites have error messages)

Can someone help me? :( Thanks..

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There ust be an errir in the apache error.log when apache is not starting anymore. Pleaserestart apache in the shell and check if you get an error on the shell.

3. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

apache can not restarting...
    Syntax error on line 7 of /etc/apache2/sites-ena
    bled/100-(site.name).vhost:
    The address or port is invalid
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
    failed!
    (the same error for all sites)

4. till

Ok, post line 7 of that file.

5. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

<VirtualHost :80>

:)

6. till

I guess you might either use a custom vhost template in /user/local/ispconfig/server/conf/ which is not compatble with ispconfig 3.1.1 or you disabled the option "Enable IP wildcard (*)" under System > server config > web in ispconfig which disallows * as IP so that your vhosts got rendered without an IP and without *.

Delete all symlinks in

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

except of the ones that start with 000-, then you should be able to start apache again. Then login to ispconfig an check that the above mentioned settings is enabled and check that you dont have an incompatible custom vhost template in that folder.

Aivaras likes this.
  7. till

Is this a custom master.cf? if yes. compare it with the one from ispconfig 3.1.1.

8. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

Not is the standard ifrom spconfig.. server has been installed with version 3.0.59 and later upgraded to 3.1 - works with some problems, and yesterday ispconfig upgraded to 3.1.1 and down...
    where I can find clean this conf file from 3.1.1?

9. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

Symlinks deleted, apache restarted:
    ....] Restarting web server: apache2[Fri Oct 28 16:49:26 2016] [warn] The Alias directive in /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf at line 3 will probably never match bec
    ause it overlaps an earlier Alias.
    [Fri Oct 28 16:49:27 2016] [warn] The Alias directive in /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf at line 3 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
    . ok

10. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

Now all sites have standard empty index page with:
    It works!
    This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.
    -----------------------
    I must resync websites in master server? I'm afraid that would not be the same again :)

11. till

Open the settigs of one web page, change a settings e.g. quota or enable cgo or something else and press save, then wait a minute and see if the site is up again or if it fails like before.

Aivaras likes this.
  12. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

Resync not helped.. new symlinks have the same problem again..

apache not restarting again:
    Syntax error on line 8 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/100-(www.site.name)vhost:
    The address or port is invalid
    Action 'configtest' failed.

All sites have:
    ERROR 500 - Internal Server Error!

:(

13. till

Redo the steps above and try to enable them one by one as you did with the one site sucessfully. Seems as if there are settings missing in your database or something similar which get fixed by editing and saving the site. A resync dies not alter settings in the databse, so it can not fix issues like missing data if there are any.

Aivaras likes this.
  14. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

323 websites ... :)

15. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

If I transfer whole server (slave and/or master) to new server with ispconfig migration tool, it helps to leave these problems in old servers?

16. till

When the data in your database is broken that transferring the broken data to a new server will not solve it.

Compare the working website data in the web_domain table with a non workin one, most likely the problem is missing data in the ip address field. Then set this missing data with phpmyadmin and try a resync again.

Or contact Florian from Business support to look into your website and client issue.

http://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=ispconfig

17. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

Websites SOLVED/FIXED by just selecting single "Resync: All services". Thank you till very much. Once again you saved my life :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016