All user email is going to catchall!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tgansert, May 24, 2006.

1. tgansert

tgansert New Member

Every piece of mail being sent to *@vdomain.tld is going to catchall box!

If you define a catchall, does it literally catch ALL or is it only supposed to catch mail to 'user unknowns'?

If it is not supposed to catch ALL, how can I fix this?

2. tgansert

tgansert New Member

Well, I answered my own question. Disabling the catchall email addresses allows email to be sent to the users' mailbox.

Is this by design?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

4. tgansert

tgansert New Member

I have no $mydomain :eek:

Here is my main.cf:
    Code:
    # See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete version

smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Debian/GNU)
    biff = no

# appending .domain is the MUA's job.
    append_dot_mydomain = no

# Uncomment the next line to generate "delayed mail" warnings
    #delay_warning_time = 4h

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
    alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
    myorigin = /etc/mailname
    #mydestination = actualhost.actualdomain.tld, localhost.actualdomain.tld, futurevhost.tld, vhost.tld, , localhost
    mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
    mailbox_size_limit = 25600000
    recipient_delimiter = +
    home_mailbox = mail
    unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
    relayhost =
    mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 in.side.ip.range/22 out.side.ip.range/24
    inet_interfaces = all
    queue_run_delay = 300s
    maximal_backoff_time = 1000s
    minimal_backoff_time = 300s
    #virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/#virtual_maps

virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtusertable

mydestination = /etc/postfix/local-host-names

Here's local-host-names:
    Code:
    ###################################
    #
    # ISPConfig local-host-names Configuration File
    #         Version 1.0
    #
    ###################################
    localhost
    actualhost.actualdomain.tld
    localhost.actualhost.actualdomain.tld
    localhost.actualdomain.tld

Side question: Why are there no vhosts defined in my local-host-names?

5. falko

If there's no myhostname or mydomain in main.cf, Postfix uses the output of
    Code:
    hostname -f
    as hostname.
    What's the output of
    Code:
    hostname -f
    , and do you use that hostname for a web site you created in ISPConfig?

Code:
    Side question: Why are there no vhosts defined in my local-host-names?
    In local-host-names, there are only the domains that Postfix accepts emails for; the email addresses are listed in virtusertable.

6. tgansert

tgansert New Member

the return of hostname -f is actualhost.actualdomain.tld.

Here's some log tail:
    Code:
    May 25 14:20:07 actualhost postfix/trivial-rewrite[18489]: warning: do not list domain actualhost.actualdomain.tld in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
    May 25 15:07:15 actualhost postfix/trivial-rewrite[19746]: warning: do not list domain actualhost.actualdomain.tld in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
    May 25 15:50:12 actualhost postfix/trivial-rewrite[21186]: warning: do not list domain actualhost.actualdomain.tld in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
    May 25 15:55:05 actualhost postfix/trivial-rewrite[21350]: warning: do not list domain actualhost.actualdomain.tld in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
    May 25 16:09:32 actualhost postfix/trivial-rewrite[21799]: warning: do not list domain actualhost.actualdomain.tld in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
    May 25 17:27:57 actualhost postfix/trivial-rewrite[23994]: warning: do not list domain actualhost.actualdomain.tld in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
    May 25 18:33:46 actualhost postfix/trivial-rewrite[25741]: warning: do not list domain actualhost.actualdomain.tld in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
    May 26 07:07:19 actualhost postfix/smtpd[13764]: warning: smtpd_peer_init: 65.110.48.180: hostname unknown.sagonet.net verification failed: Name or service not known

7. falko

And do you use actualhost.actualdomain.tld for a web site you created with ISPConfig?

virtual_alias_domains? Is it possible that you try to do virtual hosting with Postfix? This does not work if you have ISPConfig installed.
    What's in /etc/postfix/main.cf?

8. tgansert

tgansert New Member

9. falko

But I don't see an entry for virtual_alias_domains in your main.cf...:confused:

10. tgansert

tgansert New Member

Could it be virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtusertable ?

Here's another viewpoint:
    Code:
    May 24 11:48:09 actualhost postfix/smtpd[2902]: connect from mail.riversharks.com[66.95.113.75]
    May 24 11:48:10 actualhost postfix/smtpd[2902]: 81C59BB55A: client=mail.riversharks.com[66.95.113.75]
    May 24 11:48:11 actualhost postfix/cleanup[2903]: 81C59BB55A: message-id=<F376CCF0AB0C194A80A0E5E8D20D8B65ABB5DB@SHARKSERVER.riversharks.com>
    May 24 11:48:11 actualhost postfix/qmgr[9288]: 81C59BB55A: from=<[email protected]>, size=9560, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    May 24 11:48:11 actualhost postfix/trivial-rewrite[2815]: warning: do not list domain actualhost.actualdomain.tld in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
    May 24 11:48:11 actualhost postfix/smtpd[2902]: disconnect from mail.riversharks.com[66.95.113.75]
    May 24 11:48:13 actualhost procmail[2948]: Error while writing to "/dev/null"

11. falko

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Is it possible that you have a second Postfix installed (with virtual hosting), and that one's running?
    You normally get this warning if you follow this tutorial http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier and configure something wrong. But your main.cf looks ok... :confused:

12. tgansert

tgansert New Member

I don't see one.. here's some verbose output, I may be missing something..

Line 40: ...MAIL=/var/mail/root PWD=/var/log MAILDIR=/root/Maildir/ ...

That's the only odd thing I see.. a both mbox and Maildir in the path variable..

Attached Files:

13. falko

Where do you get that output?

14. tgansert

tgansert New Member

Code:
    [root@cpoc ~]$ ps auxef