Alsa / Jack with Native Instruments Komplete 6

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by bschultz, Aug 7, 2014.

1. bschultz

bschultz Member

I'm trying to get this sound card to work with Ubuntu Studio 12.04 with kernel 3.13.5-031305-generic.

This sound card has 6 inputs (stereo pairs 1 and 2...digital in and midi in) and 6 outputs (stereo pairs 1 and 2...digital out and midi out).

I'm a radio sports announcer that has a pretty speciallized setup that I'd like to run. We broadcast via Teamspeak. I play interviews and sound bytes using Audacious. I record the game with Audacity...and play highlights directly from there.

I'd like to use sound card input 1-2 as the Teamspeak INPUT. I'd like to use Playback 1-2 for Teamspeak OUTPUT as well.

I'd like to use sound card outputs 3-4 for Audacious and Audacity playback. I'd like to use inputs 3-4 to record the highlights on Audacity.

I've looked through the manual for Jack and I can't seem to get Teamspeak or Audacious or Audacity to show up in Jack Patchbay. I can get them to show up in Patchage...but they disapear once the playback or recording is stopped momentairily...so once I start the next highlight recording, I'd have to set it up again in Patchage.

Is there a way to tie these sound card input and outputs to the software I want...and keep them set this way during this session?

i also have a Focusrite 8i6 that I could use if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

2. conductive

conductive Member HowtoForge Supporter

You will probably need to install the proper firmware for your chipset