amavisd service failure

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by korbynn, Apr 27, 2015.

1. korbynn

korbynn Member

Latest ISPConfig installed on CentOS 7.
    After reboot service amavisd results in:

amavisd.service - Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers.
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/amavisd.service; enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Mon 2015-04-27 06:35:37 PDT; 3h 35min ago
    Docs: http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#doc
    Process: 11039 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/amavisd -c /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf (code=exited, status=227/NO_NEW_PRIVILEGES)

Apr 27 06:35:37 server systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..
    Apr 27 06:35:37 server systemd[1]: Unit amavisd.service entered failed state.
    Apr 27 06:35:37 server systemd[1]: amavisd.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
    Apr 27 06:35:37 server systemd[1]: Stopping Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers....
    Apr 27 06:35:37 server systemd[1]: Starting Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers....
    Apr 27 06:35:37 server systemd[1]: amavisd.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.
    Apr 27 06:35:37 server systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..
    Apr 27 06:35:37 server systemd[1]: Unit amavisd.service entered failed state.

amavisd from the commandline does process the email but as service amavisd start fails with the above error.
    Currently the server is being spammed heavily.
    Is there a setting that I am missing that would just delete the email marked as spam?
    Also I can not get into the ISPConfig Console which will be another thread.
    Cheers, korbynn

2. korbynn

korbynn Member

Currently I am having problems with the ISPConfig Console being not accessible at this time.
    Where/which file is the value for the spam kill level set?
    Cheers, korbynn

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

thats set in the ispconfig database, spamfilter_policy table.

4. kvr001

kvr001 New Member

same problem here on CentOS 7.1...

Apr 30 10:49:30 server systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..
    Apr 30 10:49:30 server systemd[1]: Unit amavisd.service entered failed state.
    Apr 30 10:49:31 server systemd[1]: amavisd.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
    Apr 30 10:49:31 server systemd[1]: Stopping Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers....
    Apr 30 10:49:31 server systemd[1]: Starting Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers....
    Apr 30 10:49:31 server systemd[1]: amavisd.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.
    Apr 30 10:49:31 server systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..
    Apr 30 10:49:31 server systemd[1]: Unit amavisd.service entered failed state.

I solved this by explicitly setting the $myhostname variable in file /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf

# $myhostname = 'host.example.com'; # must be a fully-qualified domain name!
    $myhostname = 'fullyqualifiedname.example.com';
    # $notify_method = 'smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025';
    # $forward_method = 'smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025'; # set to undef with milter!

5. korbynn

korbynn Member

It appears that the Hosting company overwrote some files which were somewhat incomplete.
    running the amavisd config without running systemctl produced an error in amavisd_config.
    It was overwritten but not totally which introduced a syntax error which was not reported anywhere I could see in the logs.
    I ran it directly which pointed out the error.
    Replaced the file from my other ISPConfig install. Seems to be running now without errors. will see if the spam is removed.