Another Conf-Custom Questions :)

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by nvidian, Jun 9, 2015.

1. nvidian

nvidian Member

Hi, I'm sorry but I think I should have create a more general 'conf-custom folder' questions thread here.

Do I allow to do these ? What is the disadvantages to do so ?
    1. VHOST
    Move all vhost files from sites-available to conf-custom folder & make symlink from all vhost from conf-custom to sites-available

2. POSTFIX & DOVECOT
    After last update (3.0.5.4p6 to 3.0.5.4p8) I found my mail server SSL configuration (main.cf & dovecot.conf) has been rewritten. So to prevent rewritten problem from the next update, do I allowed to move configuration files to conf-custom and make symlink to it

3. Create custom folders inside conf-custom
    Examples: conf-custom/vhost & conf-custom/mail
    all vhost above move to conf-custom/vhost, all postfix & dovecot config moved to conf-custom/mail

Thank you

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi,

1.) No. The conf-custom folder can only contain templates. There is only one vhost template.
    Just check the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf directory. Everything there can be copied to conf-custom and altered to your needs. Nothing more, nothing less.
    In addition everything from the install/tpl/ folder of the ISPConfig installation package can be copied to conf-custom/install – that's all.

2.) main.cf is not overwritten. There are only some configuration directives that are updated (see the postfix template file in the install/tpl folder). Anyway you could have answered no to "reconfigure services". To answer your question whether you can copy the config files: see answer 1.)

3.) No, of course not. See answer 1.)

3. nvidian

nvidian Member

Thank @Croydon , yes I have chose 'reconfigure services' to 'yes' .

NGINX VHOST
    I have two websites that still use old 'weird' mobile site technique (subdomain - mobile.domain.tld) and I simply copy content of domain1.tld.vhost to mobile.domain1.tld.vhost. Then I change server_name domain1.tld to server_name mobile.domain1.tld.

How do I prevent mobile.domain1.tld vhost from being overwritten ?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  4. Croydon

Isn't it possible to put all those modifications into the nginx directives field for the website in ISPConfig?

5. nvidian

nvidian Member

Do you mean that I should put all content from mobile.domain1.tld.vhost file into nginx directives box ? from 'server {' until last '}' ? How to properly put into nginx directive box ?
    Thank you

6. Croydon

Of course not. You should only check, whether your modifications can be put there without problems.

7. nvidian

nvidian Member

Unfortunately, its not possible for me to use nginx directive. Any chance to STOP specific vhost being overwritten ?

I now use crontab to copy+overwrite from my backup vhost files to sites-available and reload nginx every 30 minutes. Of course its not a good solution, but I dont know what to do to prevent vhost overwritten.

8. Croydon

You can use
    Code:
    chattr +i vhostfile
    the file is protected against any change then.

Kojo Unsui likes this.