Another Email Question

Discussion in 'General' started by AngelDrago, Sep 30, 2005.

1. AngelDrago

AngelDrago Member

Hey Guys and Girls i got ISPconfig working after really messing for long time with it... i get my emails just fine and everything else seems to be working good so long story short... everytime i try to add a new email client let say angel i get this The username is already in use. i checked the database and searched for it but can not find the name at all is there something i may forgot to look for it anyhelp is very appriciated and btw.. i'm not using web[WEBID]_ in this case...

Thank you all again,
    Angel

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Have a look at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users. The ISPConfig installer saves all the usernames there that are already existant on the system so that you cannot create another user with that name in ISPConfig.
    If you installed ISPConfig multiple times some of the usernames you created with ISPConfig might be there, too, even if you have deleted them in ISPConfig in the meantime.

3. AngelDrago

AngelDrago Member

Thank you again falko,

I found them i also noticed that there have a lot of other usernames do there need to be there??? or can i just remove them the one who are not importend...

Thank you,
    Angel

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can remove the users you created with ISPConfig from the file.