another migration question

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lolbrin, Jul 15, 2014.

1. lolbrin

lolbrin Member

Hello!

I would like to know if its possible to migrate from a

CentOS 6.2
    ISPConfig 3.0.4.3

to
    Debian 7.6
    ISPConfig 3.0.5.4

Do i have to make something special because of two different operating systems, or only have to copy the

/var/vmail
    /var/www
    /etc/passwd
    /etc/group
    MySQL

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is possible. But be carefull with the passwd, group and shadow files. Do not copy the whole files over, cop only the lines of the web* users and client groups from these files.

3. lolbrin

lolbrin Member

Thanks Till, i will try it.

My another question, will the e-mails that the users hold on the server downloaded again?
    If i remember well, last time i migrated this mail server, this was a problem, (so i moved all the emails left on the server, to an archiv folder for every users).

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This should not happen as long as you do not change the imap daemon from courier to dovecot or vice versa.

5. lolbrin

lolbrin Member

OK, thx. i will write my prograss as i have some time for this project.

6. lolbrin

lolbrin Member

oh, i made CentOS with this guide:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-6.2-x86_64-with-apache2-ispconfig-3
    so that config is with courier

but i cant find ispconfig guide for debian 7 with courier.
    can someone please tell me how to install and configure ispconfig with courier on debian 7.x?
    thanks

ps:
    if i change
    http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-wheezy-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-p3
    this part
    10 Install Postfix, Dovecot, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, rkhunter, binutils
    apt-get install postfix postfix-mysql postfix-doc mysql-client mysql-server openssl getmail4 rkhunter binutils dovecot-imapd dovecot-pop3d dovecot-mysql dovecot-sieve sudo
    apt-get install postfix postfix-mysql postfix-doc mysql-client mysql-server openssl getmail4 rkhunter binutils courier-imap courier-pop courier-authlib-mysql courier-imap-ssl courier-pop-ssl courier-maildrop sudo

will it work?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  7. lolbrin

lolbrin Member

dear till

for debian 7 i didn't found any proper guide to use courier + ispconfig

so i installed debian 6 + ISPConfig 3.0.4.3 with this guide

after i copyed everything (/var/vmail ; /var/www ; /etc/passwd ; /etc/group ; MySQL) from my old server (CentOS 6.2 + ISPConfig 3.0.4.3) i tryed to syncronize my mails in outlook express pop3 and it duplicated every e-mail

can you please help me, what i did wrong?

ps.:
    ok this is Microsoft Outlook Express bug or error, btw if anyone know how to stop this multiplication please answare

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014