Apache won't Start httpd

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by EnDLeSs, Jun 8, 2006.

1. EnDLeSs

EnDLeSs New Member

Hey, I just finished installing ISP Config on my pc. But I am trying to acces the ISP control panel from a diffrent computer. I tried to use the Pc's ip address and it wont work. but when i go to
    Code:
    https://127.0.0.1:81
    on the server it works. When i look at the services it says
    Web-Server: Offline
    FTP-Server: Online
    SMTP-Server: Online
    POP3-Server: Online
    BIND-Server: Online
    mySQL-Server: Online

So I try and go to services to star tup httpd But it just wont start? Any ideas on what I can do to start it up or a way I can access the ISPconfig control panel from another computer?

2. EnDLeSs

EnDLeSs New Member

I got it to work. But I still have one more question? How would I acces the ISPConfig Control panel from a completely diffrent computer? not the 192.168.x.x ip but something else?

Or make the home server have a domain name like www.something.com << which I can access from any PC

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must forward port 81 from your router to your ISPConfig system. You can then use your router's public IP address to access ISPConfig, or you get yourself a domain from dyndns.org.

Same answer, but this time with port 80. :)

4. EnDLeSs

EnDLeSs New Member

Do you know how I would forward port 81 on my router. I have a Linksys BEFWS11F router. I know how to acccess the admin panel of the router. But I have no idea on what I need to do to forward port 81.

Also dyndns.org offers certain domain names. You wont be able to make your own. It has a premade list. Is there another way of letting me create my own domain name?

All i am trying to do is host my own site. Not start a hosting company. I already have a domain that is being hosted by another hosting site. But now I want to use my extra PC to host my site.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  5. falko

Sorry, I don't know that model. On a Linksys WRT54G it's under "Applications & Gaming" and then "Port Range Forward".

I'd use a DynDNS name. You can then make your own domain a CNAME of that DynDNS domain.

6. EnDLeSs

EnDLeSs New Member

Well In Port forwarding
    [​IMG]

I would put start 81? and End 81? Or what? and would i put the ip address of the server pc which is 192.168.1.104 and not 192.168.1.100

After that How would I figure out what the routers public IP Address is?

7. falko

Yes, right.

Click on "Status".

8. EnDLeSs

EnDLeSs New Member

Well I also have to change the DMZ to .104 because I'm already using the DMZ in .100

[​IMG]

9. EnDLeSs

EnDLeSs New Member

Never mind that, it works

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006