Apc.ini in mod_php only?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by renders, Dec 9, 2010.

1. renders

renders New Member

Hi all.. Is there a way to load apc.ini in mod_php only? The ispconfig install has the conf.d file under php5 linked to both apache and the cgi folders.

I would like to have the apc encoder enabled only when the websites are running with mod_php.

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What you describe here is the default of debian linux, its not related to ispconfig as ispconfig does not even change a php.ini file.

I guess you can create separate include folders, but then you must ensure that you copy every php config file snippet to all folders when you install or update a php plugin.

3. renders

renders New Member

Thanks Till..

I guess this could be a feature request.. ;)

Thanks

Rob

4. till

You mean for debian?

ISPConfig is not providing its own apt packages for PHP, so this can not be ispconfigs part.

5. renders

renders New Member

I understand..

But when switching the php modes with the web sites, ispconfig does allow changing the php.ini settings and apache settings. The apc extension does not work well under fast_cgi so it needs to be disabled.

Not a big deal, I can do as you suggest but the point of the control panel is to reduce the need to go to the command line.

Thanks

Rob

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  6. till

You miss the point here. The settings have to be changed when a new php module is installed with apt. So if ispconfig wants to manage that, we would have to write a new apt version or apt plugin and thats a thing we definately wont do.

ISPConfig allows you do do website specific includes which get loaded by the fcgi wrapper or gets included in the vhost file. ISPConfig does not allow you to change the main php.ini file or the apache2.conf file.