APS crawler: String could not be parsed as XML

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by VANKO, Mar 19, 2015.

1. HouseNationNL

HouseNationNL New Member

No succes for me.

2. RHITNL

RHITNL Member

Used both lines in both scripts but still the same issue.
    Can you explain in what order everything should work?
    First the PKG, followed by the APP-META.xml and the certificate in the last step?
    The actual download of the ap is done when you actual install it ?

Regards Ralph

3. Steinbruch

Steinbruch Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes, and just to be on the safe side I just downloaded the files Florian advised again and applied the additional CURL option.
    Error messages remain the same:
    [Mon Mar 23 22:58:30 2015] [warn] [client <ip>] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 1: parser error : StartTag: invalid element name in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/aps_crawler.inc.php on line 290, referer: https://<myserver>:8080/index.php
    [Mon Mar 23 22:58:30 2015] [warn] [client <ip>] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): &lt; in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/aps_crawler.inc.php on line 290, referer: https://<myserver>:8080/index.php
    [Mon Mar 23 22:58:30 2015] [warn] [client <ip>] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): ^ in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/aps_crawler.inc.php on line 290, referer: https://<myserver>:8080/index.php

If it makes any difference: Debian 7.8, PHP 5.4.39-0+deb7u1

4. veshant

veshant New Member

Tried both CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST and CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER on both files with no luck. Anyone been able to get it working? Looking forward to a fix. Thanks.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The problem seems to be a misformatted xml documnet on apscatalog.com which causes the PHP xml parser to fail and this stops the whole crawling process. I added an exception to the code now that just skips this package and not the whole list update in case of a misformatted input file.

Download the attached file, unpack the zip and upload the included php file to /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/ folder.

Attached Files:

RHITNL and mazzen like this.
  6. HouseNationNL

HouseNationNL New Member

Great Work! It works for me now!

7. veshant

veshant New Member

I can now see the packages!!! I, however, am getting this error: "Installation_error" when trying to install any packages.

8. Steinbruch

Steinbruch Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thank you so much - it seems to have fixed it for me - at least the packages I needed to install are now found and install successfully, but of course I haven't quite tested all available pkgs.
    Well done - thanks again!

9. VANKO

VANKO New Member

works great! thanks.

10. RHITNL

RHITNL Member

Yep, seems to work for me as well!

11. MarsWarrior

MarsWarrior New Member

That is the error I'm getting also!

After a few hours of debugging - as a non-linux guy - I found that the problem is again the SSL certificate while downloading the package from aps: the result is that the zip file is 0 bytes - hence the "installation_error" message.
    I downloaded the package manually and was able to install Wordpress afterwards without any problems!

I did previously get the two modified files, and the patch, but that doesn't seem to be enough??

Note to admin: why do I have to register twice for both the english en german forum?

12. till

Because they are two independant websites and forum systems do not support it to have a joint user database.

13. MarsWarrior

MarsWarrior New Member

14. till

Which Linux distribution do you use?

15. MarsWarrior

MarsWarrior New Member

I'm using Ubuntu Server 14.10

16. till

Ok. I'll test that.

17. MarsWarrior

MarsWarrior New Member

Installed a new (virtual) Ububtu 14.10 server from scratch, but still the same problem with installing a package.

Did you find the script that is causing this problem? Or could you give me a hint which script to check maybe?

18. MarsWarrior

MarsWarrior New Member

I found out that you have changed the aps patch :)

Now its working!

19. inkhosting

inkhosting New Member

I have the same problem on centos 7, tried the patch didn't work:
    Code:
    PHP message: PHP Warning:  SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 461: parser error : StartTag: invalid element name in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/aps_crawler.inc.php on line 570

20. Hello,
    I, too, am having the same difficulty. I get some packages, but not a complete list. (about 2.5 pages). I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and have ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p8 installed. I tried running the 3054_aps patch, but that does not install. I noticed there is no aps_crawler.inc.php in the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes directory. Also, when I list the contents of /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/sites/aps_meta_packages the list of packages in there is much larger than the list displayed on the page.

Thanks,
    Curtis

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015