APS Installer BUG?

Discussion in 'General' started by go0ogl3, May 5, 2014.

1. go0ogl3

go0ogl3 Member

Hello!

I've installed joomla 3.2.3-3 from APS Installer and my site-wide phpmyadmin just dissapeared. The installation was made in the root of the site "/var/www/clients/../web/".
    Also some other files and folders from the root of the site get deleted only "error" and "stats" remaining.
    It's this the intended behavior? To me it's seems normal to ask for delete or leave the user files and folders in place.

If this is a bug then it's a CRITICAL one as it's deleting the user files without asking!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats not a bug. When you use he aps installer, then you thand over the control over the directory that you have choosen as install dir for a application to the aps installer, then the installer will add files there and when you remove the aps package, it will empty the directory.

3. go0ogl3

go0ogl3 Member

Ok but why it's deleting the phpmyadmin installation? It's preserving the simlink but deletes everything in /usr/share/phpmyadmin.

P.S.: Maybe a warning can be set when the APS is installing in the root of the site.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

phpmyadmin is normally connected to the vhosts by an apache alias. your configuration musthave been different as a alias is not conected on filesystem level, so it can not play a role when files are deleted. How did you link phpmyadmin into the website?

Yes, I will add a warning.

5. go0ogl3

go0ogl3 Member

I've made a custom link replacing the phpmyadmin name, maybe that's why the content got deleted. Also i've reconfigured the /etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf with some other Alias.
    I don't really like default stuff from a security point of view. Maybe I'm just paranoic, but that's me :)

Thank you for your great work!