Are You Using ISPConfig 3 In A Production Environment?

Discussion in 'General' started by icsupportsteven, Aug 6, 2010.

1. icsupportsteven

icsupportsteven New Member

Hello,

I work for a company called Internet Connection, Inc. We are a U.S.
    based company that would like to implement and contribute features to
    ISPconfig.

Our President, Brent Stock, would like to contact business' that are
    already implementing ISPconfig to discuss the advantages and
    disadvantages of using ISPconfig. We have had some trouble finding such
    information and were wondering if you could provide us with contact info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank-you.

2. Nicram

Nicram Member

I'm trying to use it in production enviroment, it is possible, but it;s not the easiest solution ;-) But i must admit i like it, and it;s fun to use it :)

3. damir

damir New Member

We are using ISPConfig in our production environment and it works very good. We have at the time 5 servers running multiserver setup and couple of standalone single setups customer servers.

Some things you need to consider/know is:

- Lack of documentation, for me is no bigge but for someone is the most important thing.
    - Support is handled through this forum or via ispconfig.org as paid service.
    - ISPConfig is not yet feature packed as most known control panels. Although the most part is in roadmap for future updates.
    - Release cycles can vary but for us it's more than enough.
    - ISPConfig is very flexible and can be customized in almost every aspect.

Please ask any questions that comes up regarding deployment, backup, storage or any other stuff you may wonder about.

4. vogelor

vogelor New Member

i have 15 servers in multiserver-setup and the system is working fine.

5. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

We run 5 ispconfig servers, all in single setup, for small hosting .. works just fine.

6. Rapid2214

Rapid2214 New Member

We run 2 servers in an ispconfig multiserver setup, haproxy, heartbeat setup. Works great!

Marty :)

7. mesoto

mesoto New Member

I use ISP Config 3 on single server setup. OS ubuntu 8.04. It's works great, but maybe I will switch to CentOS 5.5.

Still missing anti overload statistic like who customer doing php or mysql overload, if any.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

How do you want to measure that? I'am not aware of a Linux statistics software that is able to detect that.

9. mesoto

mesoto New Member

Me too. But it's, a problem!

And I think Cpanel maybe can do that (but I m not sure).
    I not complain about this just say, it will be good to monitoring witch web site create php or mysql overload. Because it's very hard to find if any of my web site's start to flood.

I have small deployment for 10 web sites and I have a friend who is new in this, but playing whit joomla and it lass very hard to detect this problem in him web site.

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats not a big problem if you setup the websites in ispconfig correctly, you have to enable the suexec checkbox for every website and do not use mod_php in the php setting. Every website in ispconfig then runs under its own system user, so you can see with the "top" command on the shell which site causes the load.

11. vogelor

vogelor New Member

Do, whatever you like - but a little hint from one of the developer of ISPConfig. if you switch, switch to debian! debian is the best supported OS, because most of the developer use debian :)

12. mesoto

mesoto New Member

Wow 10x very, very match.

13. mesoto

mesoto New Member

Thank you very much. :)
    So if I set for example SuEXEC and fast-cgi, shut work fine?

14. damir

damir New Member

It should work fine :)

15. zenny

zenny Member

Using ISPCOnfig3 on a remote production server on a Centos5 machine with pdns and another on the debian server in a virtual environment with mydns-ng (using openvz). Working great for more than a year!!!

I tried with multiserver setup and did not like the idea to install DBMS (mysql) in each instance. However it is a nice setup to have distributed servers for security reasons.

4/5* to ISPConfig3 (better and simpler and commercially available solutions and other FLOSS stuffs, I tried all of them, indeed).

Thanks to Falko, Till and the developers for the wonderful product!!!

16. radim_h

radim_h Member HowtoForge Supporter

IS there differrence between using Debian or Ubuntu with ISPC3?
    Originally i used Debian Etch and Lenny with ISPC2 and now i switched to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS as it has promised support until 2015 (!)
    Main reason actualy was that there is still not Debian 6, and lenny seems bit obsolete to me...

17. vogelor

vogelor New Member

Sorry - i don't know, because i am only using debian (like i told you :D