ASP pages

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by thedoc, Mar 7, 2006.

1. thedoc

thedoc New Member

I have upgraded the apache to apache_asp and properly configured mod_perl for my server but when I go to an .asp page nothing shows in browser except code. Is there something I have to do in ISPconfig to activate the .asp server? Thank you for your reply.

if you would like to look at the page I am talking about the link is

http://diamondnights.no-ip.org/wedding.asp

Front page extensions have been enabled on web

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig has no builtin asp support. I guess you will have to add some directives to tell apache which module shall parse asp pages. You can add them in the apache directives field of the website and ISPConfig will add them to the vhost configuartion of the website.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think you have to enable mod_mono in your Apache, and then in ISPConfig's Apache Directives field you must add something like

Code:
    MonoApplications default '/:/srv/www/web10/web'
    MonoDocumentRootDir '/srv/www/web10/web'
    AddHandler mono .aspx .ascx .asax .ashx .config .cs .asmx .axd
    Of course, you must change the paths.
    Also have a look at this thread: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1177

4. thedoc

thedoc New Member

Now I'm Stumped

Okay I got asp to work on the server but I can not for the life of me figure out how to set up the virtual host config file. It says something about a .webapp file and shows and example, but call me stupid, I can't make heads or tails of it. And if I was able to create it what would I call it and where would I put it. Their instructions are vague for someone who is having his first experience with ASP-net. I appologize for my stupidity but is there anyone here who can help me with this config file. A layman's explaination would be wonderful. Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

5. falko

Can you quote the parts from the documentation that cause you problems?

6. thedoc

thedoc New Member

here is what confuses me

The format of the .webapp files used for --appconfigfile and
    --appconfigdir is:
    here is the sample .webapp file
    <web-application>
    <name>Root</name>
    <vpath>/</vpath>
    <path>/home/mono/public_html/html</path>
    <!-- vhost and port are ignored in xsp.exe -->
    <vhost>my.host.name</vhost>
    <vport>8080</vport>
    <!-- <enabled> is true by default -->
    <!-- <enabled>false</enabled> -->
    </web-application>
    You can include any number of <web-application> nodes, one per
    ASP.NET application to run.

This is for the virtual server. Okay what goes here and what do i name it and where do i save it to?
    Then after doing this what directives to i put into the Virtualconf file? I tried duplicating what i had to put into the httpd.conf but all that did was disable the .aspx pages. So I know that was wrong. Thank you again for your help. I am sure this is simple and maybe I don't understand it because I'm trying to read too much into it. Darn I feel stupid.

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'am not sure if everyone in this thread is talking about the same things.

In your initial post, you talked about setting up asp with the perl based asp server. These files have the ending .asp.

Falko posted some instructions for asp.net, that is the mono (.NET) based system for running asp.net and not asp pages. The file ending for these pages is .aspx and this ais a completely different technology.

Now the question is, do you want to run asp (.asp) pages or asp.NET (.aspx) pages?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  8. thedoc

thedoc New Member

asp

.ASP pages is what I really wanted to set up. The .aspx was a second alternative. Either way I can't get either to work on my website. How do I enable .asp. Front page is installed and enabled for the site but the extensions do not seem to be working properly. Thank you again

9. thedoc

thedoc New Member

asp

I think I may have been wasting your time. I have apache-2.0.54 installed. Front page will not work with that version of apache and your software will it? Thank you again for your reply.

10. falko

We've tested Frontpage Extensions only with Apache 1.3. I don't know if it works with Apache2. :confused: