auto installer script

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by pakogah, Jul 13, 2010.

1. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

The billing module is unusable for us. On the other hand auto installer script would be a great improvement for us. So it depends on the frame of reference :cool:

2. patjec

patjec New Member

Don't try to convince me! That''s why I still use DirectAdmin and 'sponsor' ISPconfig with my 5€ monthly donation in the hope all ingredients are there to drop DA one day. In DA you don't have a usefull, build-in or 3th party, invoice module but you can use and Installatron and softaculous (little overkill) to have a 'one click' installer. And I don't wish to go to one of the other commercial closed source stuff. I hope one day we have a good working ISPconfig with invoice and a great installer. That day I triple my donation and pay that for every server I have in use. That's a promise!

3. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

I hope the same.. but still i hope the installer would be first.

4. patjec

patjec New Member

The invoice plugin is build. The app also. So I hope the next one is a script installer :)...

5. hkaiser

hkaiser Member

When will exist a auto installer script?

Since a long time, we are waiting for a auto script installer, but until now i can not see any information if there will be one in the future and if yes when.
    So can someone give us a time plan until this part of ISPConfig will exist?

thanks in advance

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Seems as if you havent looked into the ispconfig roadmap as the script installer is listed there. It has already been implemented and is available in svn and gets released as part of the next ispconfig release.

7. hkaiser

hkaiser Member

auto script installer

Till, thank you very much

with best regards

8. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Installatron can be done through ftp, one low price for VM or VPS. ;)

9. till

ISPConfig has a built in APS installer in 3.0.5, there are more packages available for APS then for installatron and its available for free ;)

10. concept21

concept21 Active Member

When will ispconfig 3.05 be released? :p

11. itanium

itanium Member

It's done when it's done ;)

Till, can you explain how to install a aps package in the ispconfig svn version please?

12. till

1) Update the package list.
    2) Select a package and install it by clicking on the install button.

13. itanium

itanium Member

I enabled the repository, updated the package list but nothing appear :(

14. till

Please check that the php-curl packe is installed and restart apache afterwards. The update of the package list can take quite long, several minutes. I experienced up to 10 minutes when the aps servers are slow, so dont interrupt it.