Auto Start ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by royrobinson, Jun 29, 2007.

1. royrobinson

royrobinson New Member

Hi Guys

I am new to the forums so please be gentle. I had installed ISPConfig 2.2.11, I upgraded to 2.2.14 all seems ok, apart from the fact that whenever I reboot the server now, ISPConfig does not automatically start and I have to login into a shell and kickstart it with:

etc/init.d/ispconfig_server start

Then after that its fine I can log into:

https://www.xyz.tld:81

Any help would be appreciated, as I have searched the forum yet come up with nothing. Maybe I am searching the wrong keywords.

Thanks for the UK.

Roy.
    :confused:

2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

is there a link in the /etc/rc3.d/ linking to /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server,
    e.g.
    S99ispconfig_server
    if not create one, except your default runlevel is not 3, then you have to take a look in the according dir /etc/rc[yourrunlevelnr].d/
    The link can be created like this:

3. royrobinson

royrobinson New Member

Hi Ben

Thanks for your suggestion. My server is running at runlevel 2, therefore I check /etc/dir/rc2.d/S99ispconfig_server as shown below:

root@server0001:/etc/rc2.d# cat S99ispconfig_server
    #!/bin/bash
    ###############################################################################
    # Copyright (c) 2005, projektfarm Gmbh, Till Brehm, Falko Timme
    # All rights reserved.
    #
    # Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
    # are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
    #
    # * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
    # this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
    # * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
    # this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
    # and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
    # * Neither the name of ISPConfig nor the names of its contributors
    # may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
    # specific prior written permission.
    #
    # THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
    # ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
    # WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
    # IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
    # INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,
    # BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
    # DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY
    # OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
    # NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE,
    # EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
    ###############################################################################

###################################
    #
    # ISPConfig Server-Startscript
    #
    ###################################

TMPDIR=/tmp
    PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

case "$1" in
    start)
    echo "Starting ISPConfig system..."
    /etc/init.d/mysqld start &> /dev/null
    /etc/init.d/mysql start &> /dev/null
    sleep 3
    /root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl startssl
    /root/ispconfig/sv/ispconfig_wconf &> /dev/null &
    /root/ispconfig/php/php -q /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/firewall.php
    if ps ax | grep -iw '/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/freshclam' | grep -iv 'grep' &> /dev/null ;then
    echo "FreshClam is already running!"
    else
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/freshclam -d -c 10 --datadir=/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/share/clamav
    fi
    echo "ISPConfig system is now up and running!"
    ;;
    stop)
    echo "Shutting down ISPConfig system..."
    array=(`ps ax | grep -iw '/root/ispconfig/sv/ispconfig_wconf' | grep -iv 'grep' | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f1 -d/ | tr '\n' ' '`)
    element_count=${#array[@]}
    index=0
    while [ "$index" -lt "$element_count" ]
    do
    kill -9 ${array[$index]}
    let "index = $index + 1"
    done
    /root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl stop
    array=(`ps ax | grep -iw '/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/freshclam' | grep -iv 'grep' | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f1 -d/ | tr '\n' ' '`)
    element_count=${#array[@]}
    index=0
    while [ "$index" -lt "$element_count" ]
    do
    kill -9 ${array[$index]}
    let "index = $index + 1"
    done
    echo "ISPConfig system stopped!"
    ;;
    restart)
    $0 stop && sleep 3
    $0 start
    # Remember status and be quiet
    ;;
    *)
    echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
    exit 1
    esac
    exit 0root@server0001:/etc/rc2.d#

I did not know the exact syntax to check whether there was a link, so I ran the following line:

ln -s /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server /etc/rc2.d/S99ispconfig_server

And got the following. Please advise as I am somewhat puzzled, thanks.

root@server0001:/etc/rc2.d# ln -s /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server /etc/rc2.d/S99ispconfig_server
    ln: creating symbolic link `/etc/rc2.d/S99ispconfig_server' to `/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server': File exists

My OS is Ubuntu 6.10 for reference.

All help appreciated.

Roy.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Can you try
    Code:
    update-rc.d ispconfig_server defaults
    ?

5. iceget

iceget Member

Re

Hello Falko,

i have installed ispconfig 2.2.38 and all works fine!

but only the autostart of the ispconfig system doesnt works!

on every reboot i must start ispconfig manually with /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server start

i have tried to add to the autostart (runlevel):
    root@server:/etc/init.d# update-rc.d ispconfig_server defaults
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    insserv: warning: script 'S99ispconfig_server' missing LSB tags and overrides
    insserv: warning: script 'ispconfig_server' missing LSB tags and overrides
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (2 3 5) of script `ispconfig_server' overwrites defaults (2 3 4 5).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (empty) of script `ispconfig_server' overwrites defaults (0 1 6).
    insserv: warning: script 'bastille-firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides
    insserv: There is a loop at service rmnologin if started
    insserv: There is a loop between service rmnologin and mountnfs if started
    insserv: loop involving service mountnfs at depth 6
    insserv: loop involving service nfs-common at depth 5
    insserv: There is a loop between service rmnologin and checkroot if started
    insserv: loop involving service checkroot at depth 3
    insserv: loop involving service keyboard-setup at depth 2
    insserv: loop involving service quota at depth 8
    insserv: loop involving service hwclock at depth 5
    insserv: loop involving service hwclockfirst at depth 3
    insserv: loop involving service hostname at depth 4
    insserv: Starting ispconfig_server depends on rmnologin and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!
    insserv: Starting ispconfig_server depends on rmnologin and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!

can you help me?

thanks!

kind regards
    --
    markus

6. iceget

iceget Member

hello!

i want to install fail2ban or midnight commander, the same failuers :
    facility `$all' which can not be true!
    insserv: loop involving service mountnfs-bootclean at depth 3
    insserv: loop involving service mountall-bootclean at depth 1
    insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!
    update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von fail2ban (--configure):
    Unterprozess installiertes post-installation-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 1

are ....

what shall i do?

thanks

7. falko

Try
    Code:
    insserv ispconfig_server

8. iceget

iceget Member

re

hello!

thank you!

but its the same problem:
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (2 3 5) of script `ispconfig_server' overwrites defaults (2 3 4 5).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (empty) of script `ispconfig_server' overwrites defaults (0 1 6).
    insserv: warning: script 'firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides
    insserv: warning: script 'bastille-firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides
    insserv: There is a loop at service rmnologin if started
    insserv: There is a loop between service rmnologin and mountnfs if started
    insserv: loop involving service mountnfs at depth 6
    insserv: loop involving service nfs-common at depth 5
    insserv: There is a loop between service rmnologin and checkroot if started
    insserv: loop involving service checkroot at depth 3
    insserv: loop involving service keyboard-setup at depth 2
    insserv: loop involving service quota at depth 8
    insserv: loop involving service hwclock at depth 5
    insserv: loop involving service hwclockfirst at depth 3
    insserv: loop involving service hostname at depth 4

its a fresh install with debians queeze and ispconfig 2.2.38

many greets

9. falko

I've added this to our bugtracker, so we will check that.

10. iceget

iceget Member

Re

hello falko,

thanks!

can you tell me when you have a possible solution?

thank you!

kind regards
    --
    markus

11. Akina

Akina New Member

i am new linux user (Newbie) , but check this :

Debian LSB Info - http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts

For Bastille - firewall Info: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=460860
    Resources: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bastille/

vi /etc/init.d/bastille-firewall

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    #
    ### BEGIN INIT INFO
    # Provides:          bastille-firewall
    # Required-Start:    $network
    # Required-Stop:     $network
    # Default-Start:     S
    # Default-Stop:      0 6
    # Short-Description: Load/unload ipchains rulesets
    # Description:       A firewall/packet-filter script for Linux systems 
    #                    that allows the machine to be used as a gateway system
    ### END INIT INFO
    #
    # chkconfig: 2345 5 98
    #
    # $Id: bastille-firewall,v 1.6 2002/02/24 17:19:14 peterw Exp $
    # Copyright (c) 1999-2002 Peter Watkins

-vi /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    #
    ### BEGIN INIT INFO
    # Provides: ispconfig_server
    # Required-Start: $network $syslog
    # Required-Stop: $network
    # Default-Start: 2 3 5
    # Default-Stop: 0 1 6
    # Description: Start or stop the ISPConfig server
    ### END INIT INFO

12. sinjab

sinjab New Member

[SOLVED] ISPConfig 2 won't auto start on boot on Debian Squeeze

Thanks Akina,

I have followed The Perfect Server guide for Debian 6 with ISPConfig 2.2.38. But, ispconfig_server won't auto start on boot. I have added the lines you mentioned in the headers of /etc/init.d/bastille-firewall and /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server. Then I ran:
    Code:
    insserv ispconfig_server

Reboot, and now ISPConfig 2 will auto start on boot :).

13. xrat

xrat Member

Be warned that an ISPconfig upgrade overwrites the init.d scripts.
    I've upgraded 2.2.40 to 2.2.40 (no typo here) and found that
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/bastille-firewall
    /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server

were overwritten, hence I lost the LSB info.
    A backup was created of bastille-firewall, but not of the ispconfig_server script.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  14. Spaetzle

Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi

I put the headers given by Akina into /etc/insserv/overrides/bastille-firewall and /etc/insserv/overrides/ispconfig_server.
    This solved my problems with errors when running "dpkg-reconfigure sysv-rc".

This might be a solution that is not overwritten when an update of ispconfig is done. But I hope the next version (will there be another) of ispconfig2 will handle this out of the box.

Best regars
    Bernd

15. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ISPConfig 2 software reached end of life, there will be no updates released in future.

16. Spaetzle

Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    Too bad.
    So we will need to go for ispconfig3. Is there a good howto for migrating an ispconfig2 server to ispconfig3?

Best regards ...
    Bernd

EDIT: Sorry for hijacking this thread ...

Last edited: May 30, 2012