Autocreate DNS-Records

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Piccent, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Piccent

Piccent New Member

It would be nice, if the new DNS-Zones could be configured automatically. At the Primary DNS Server AND with remote-connection on another Server with ISPConfig running for the Secondary DNS.

So the user could add a domain, its ordered by a robot, and the DNS-Records at both servers are made.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

But then DNS records would be created everytime, even if you don't need them. Right now you just have to click a checkbox, and that's it. I think this is the better solution. It gives you a choice.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Creating the secondary DNS record automatically will be available in ISPConfig 3, see also mydnsconfig, which is the standalone version of the DNS-Manager from ISPCOnfig 3.

4. Piccent

Piccent New Member

Ok, the function, that you can create with one klick primary and secondary DNS, is ok. So it's less stress to administrate 2 servers where the second server is used only for sec-dns, backup mail and backup-www. Is there already a release date for ISPConfig 3?

Greetz

Marc

5. till

No. Maybe we have a first alpha in august or september.

6. chrno

chrno New Member

will v3 be compartible with the v2 of ISPConfig? Kind of curious because we are currently using bind and I believe v3 will be using MyDNS?

7. till

No, but there will be some migration scripts. Also the development of v2 will not end with the release of v3.

Yes, ISPConfig 3 will use MyDNS by default, but i guess there will be also support for BIND available later.