Autolearn=no SpamAssassin

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by hendry, Dec 23, 2005.

1. hendry

hendry New Member

Can anyone tell me why the emailheaders state:

X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.0 (2005-09-13) on
    webserver.scholing-online.nl
    X-Spam-Level: ****
    X-Spam-Status: No, score=4.8 required=5.0 tests=ALL_TRUSTED,
    DNS_FROM_RFC_BOGUSMX,INFO_TLD,URIBL_JP_SURBL autolearn=no
    version=3.1.0

What does the autolearn mode mean? Can I turn it on in ISPConfig and send email to a standard SPAM or HAM box to let SpamAssassin better learn what is SPAM and what is not? For example this email was a SPAM message, but level for SPAM is 5.0 and message is 4.8. I want to send the message now to an emailbox to let SA know this was really SPAM.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Autolearnin != manual learning. You can configure the ISPCOnfig spamassassin trough the local.cf file like any other spamassassin installation. The root directory of the spamassassin installation is: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/

Manual learning is not supported by ISPConfig, but you can change the procmail scripts in the users directory and in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/ to implement spamfiltering like you want it.

3. denmaus

denmaus New Member

From: http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AutolearningNotWorking

Why isn't autolearning working for me? (aka: "autolearn=no")

Lots of people seem to be confused by the "autolearn=no" statement in the default X-Spam-Status header. There are usually questions regarding whether or not "no" means SpamAssassin is not autolearning at all. What it actually means is that the specific message which includes the "autolearn=no" part was not autolearned, not that autolearning is disabled or somehow broken.

The three values that can be displayed are "no" (autolearning did not occur), "ham" (the message was learned as ham), and "spam" (the message was learned as spam).

4. unhookt

unhookt New Member

Hi Till:

Could you describe how this is implemented?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats a bit too complicated to describe it here. Procmail is a local delivery program (LDA) to handle and filter emails with its own filtering language. Procmail is used in ISPConfig to delievr the files to the user mailboxes or mail directories. The procmail recipes are stored in the home directories of the users. If you want to add automatic learning, you will have to add it there, e.g. in the .spamassassin.rc file.