Automated Install of ISPConfig 3 with MultiServer

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Aguilaair, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Aguilaair

Aguilaair New Member

Hello,

I have been testing out ISPConfig for a few days now and it's really great.
    The thing is that i need to be able to set up the system unattended with just 1-3 lines of code on a multi server set up all running everything. I had my eye on servisys' script.
    This script has most of what I am looking for except i cannot get multiserver to work (Debian 8) and you do get some prompts (which i do not mind answering as long I can pipe the answeres) but i need it to automatically connect to the master server. I would ideally be looking at a combination of the script mentioned above and the .ini which is already avilable to preconfigure the script. I also looked at ISPConfig kickstarter but there was no multiserver avilable.- Is there such an option avilable?

Thanks in advance!

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Out of curiosity, how many servers and multiserver setups are you setting up?

Aguilaair likes this.
  3. Aguilaair

Aguilaair New Member

4 for the moment but I need it to be easily scalable. I need to be able to set up servers that connect to the master server as fast as possible.

4. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

the automated script should be fine for single server. not sure about multi-server.
    you'll also need to configure some things (root access to the master db for root@servername(s) and root@serverip(s) ) that may not be in the script.
    to be easily scalable, i think you'll have to take the automated script and modify it a bit for your own needs. you'll need different things on different servers, with maybe a variable number of servers. you may want to be able to run it to add eg another 3 webservers, and another 2 database servers to an existing multi-server system. i think you'll need to look at ansible/puppet/cloudformation etc to create a script more tailored to your own requirements. it'll take quite a bit or work, but once done, you can completely recreate your server environment with a single command line. or adjust (up/down) the number of a group of servers (web/db/mail) by changing the command line arguments to the same script.

Aguilaair likes this.
  5. Aguilaair

Aguilaair New Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I am going to try forcing some variables in the script and see if i can get it to work. I'll keep you updated!