Automating login from a a separate CPq

Discussion in 'General' started by webguyz, Jun 29, 2014.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am trying to automate login into ISPConfi so customers who log into my main cp will not have to worry about remembering another login/password.

I want them to be able to click on a button that takes them directly into ISPConfig into their account.

I tried to use the remote api login.php but it fails login.

What would the correct procedure be to create a login for a user so when they access the ispconfig website he will already be logged in without having to do it manually.

I have the correct login/password, and I can log in manually using that info, just can't automate it.

I understand your using ajax so trying to stuff it into a form won't work, but was hoping there was something I could do with remote api to accomplish this.

Thanks!

2. doekia

doekia Member

Have a look at what does:
    interface/web/login/login_as.php
    and mimic the behaviour

Basically you need to populate and post a form that contains username and hashed password ...

3. Supremacy2k

Supremacy2k New Member

Hi.

I'm not sure you still need help with this, but in order for the API to work, you need to create a "remote user" in ispconfig.

I had the exact same problem.

4. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did you figure out how to automate login from another cp into ispconfig?

I have tried all types of things but I'm not really a programmer so its killing me. I don't know what I don't know about ajax :)

Put in a request for this feature in the future.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014