awffull exit status: 1 cron.daily

Discussion in 'General' started by ptroms, Jan 2, 2022.

1. ptroms

ptroms Member

Recently I have got a fresh ispconfig on debian 11. Everything seems to be running as great as should be, however that is caught my eye is cron.daily job. that runs one of the script shows error.
    Code:
    Subject: Anacron job 'cron.daily' on pcs
    /etc/cron.daily/awffull:
    ERROR: Running awffull, exit status: 1

Will that raise any concern?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think neither anacron nor awffull are installed by default on Debian and ISPConfig. Maybe they are not configured properly?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you can just remove the /etc/cron.daily/awffull cronjob as ISPConfig is running it (awstats replacement) on a per site basis on it's own. But I'm not 100% sure @Jesse Norell and @Th0m , what do you think?

4. till

If I remember correctly, we recently replaced awstats with awfull as there was no awstats package available for Debian 11 anymore and awfull is basically a clone of awstats.

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'm not familiar with awffull offhand, though checking our most recently installed debian11 server, it has both awstats (from debian.org packages) and awfull installed. If I run the awfful cron job manually I get this error:

Code:
    ERROR: LogFile not found: /var/log/apache/access.log.1

Because that points to a file which doesn't exist on any recent debian host by default (certainly not for nginx, and wrong directory name for apache). And indeed, that error is mailed to root nightly. So if we call awffull directly in a cronjob (which I don't see happening in a quick search) we could make the system cronjob not run (rename or delete?).

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

+1, not familiar with the command...

7. emaddaou

emaddaou New Member

Hi guys, how about creating a soft link of apache pointing to nginx ?
    Code:
    ln -s /var/log/nginx /var/log/apache
    I just did, not sure if that's at least a temp fix.

8. till

The awfull cronjob is not needed as ISPConfig runs it's own cronjob to create statistics, so you can just remove the awfull cronjob as I suggested in post #3.

emaddaou likes this.