Awstat not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by francoisPE, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Filippos

Filippos New Member

Hi to all,
    awstats statistics are not updated anymore.
    Last update was in Jan and after that no stats are shown in awstats.

Tried to enable webalizer but failed to do so from ispconfig, it creates only a stats folder with user files, no index, no webalizer files

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Stats files are created once daily, so after enabling webalizer you must wait 24 hours, then check.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. Filippos

Filippos New Member

awstats creates a file index.php I thought that webalizer does the same.

4. Taleman

Webalizer creates file index.html, at midnight when the stats files are made.

5. Filippos

Filippos New Member

Hi Taleman,
    Nothing. Webalizer does not work, AWstats does not work but only for one site, and GoAccess is not installed.
    I have no stats for my sites, but only in one site that AWstats keeps collecting stats!
    How can I reinstall stats? I have the latest ispconfig installed on Feb 7. From that time I have no stats anymore.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  6. Taleman

Stats not getting generated is discussed a lot, try Internet Search engines to find the discussions. Use this with Internet Search engines:
    Code:
    site:howtoforge.com awstat not working
    Something has changed on your system, change made by you or caused by something. You need to find out what, repair that and stats work again.

7. Filippos

Filippos New Member

It seems that in /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/<site> folder, access.log was not linked to date-access.log file.
    I'll check tomorrow the fix.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  8. Filippos

Filippos New Member

That was.
    For a reason all access.log files in /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/<site> folder were not linked to date-access.log but were null files!!!
    Thanks Taleman.

9. schwim

schwim Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi there Filip, could you explain what you needed to do to fix the issue? I'm struggling to understand what you're stating your problem was.

10. Filippos

Filippos New Member

Hi schwim,
    ispconfig awstats, or webalizer or any other statistics were not updated due to null access.log files in folders /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/<site>
    access.log files are linked to <today>-access.log for the current date, so when they rotated by logrotate and being 0 bytes no logs were added to statistics, because yesterday-access.log files were 0 bytes, too.

The problem is fixed when I removed access.log 0 bytes files and created a link so access.log is linked to <today>-access.log.

schwim likes this.