awstat user?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by DrMartinus, Jan 6, 2019.

1. DrMartinus

DrMartinus Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    Im running ISPConfig on a virtual server running CentOS 7.6.1810. So far, everything seems fine. However, I just wanted to access the awstats for the first time, by clicking the following:
    1. sites
    2. Statistics
    3. my domain
    Then it says that I have to enter a username and password. I tried several with no success. Somewhere I found the suggestion to create a user for awstat, but I have no clue as to where this can be done.
    The directions given in that post (also for ISPConfig 3) cannot be followed, as items mentioned there are not visible on my panel.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My recollection is you enter username and password there of your own invention. Then use those when logging in with browser to check the statistics.

3. DrMartinus

where do I enter it? When I do the above steps, I get the dialogue to enter "the" username and password, and whatever I enter there, leads to a 403 error page. Anywhere else I didn't find anything that allows me to setup a user for awstats.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Go in ISPConfig to the Website page (Sites, Website, choose website). Then in Statistics tab you create a password for access to statistics. Then you can see statistics in http://website.tld/stats URL.

5. DrMartinus

That's what I read elsewhere, but there is no option to enter a password or user anywhere on that statistics page. I have on the left side the list of various options for the website, at the bottom end the statistics section. Since you speak of a "tab" which I don't see, maybe I'm at the wrong place?

6. DrMartinus

Oh, I found it. The menu on the left side isn't where I should look...