AWStats Installer

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by jnsc, Oct 6, 2006.

1. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Very interessting, I nerver saw this. Do you have big logfiles?

2. Check

Check New Member

How do i check, where are they.

If they would be big because i have lots of visitors then they are probably not to big, none of the sites on my server are really public. If they could be big for some other reason then its a possibility.

I've tried uppping the limits in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini but i couldnt even get that to work.

Do i need to clear out these logs you talk about?

UPDATE:
    I upped the limit and misspelled, now it is working with the upped php.ini file.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  3. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Sorry for the late reply, I was quite bussy.
    Code:
    du -h /home/www/www.MY-DOMAIN.com/log/web.log
    depending on your settings it may also be /var/www/www.MY-DOMAIN.com/log/web.log

4. Cojun

Cojun New Member

Hi,

does this package work with suexec support?
    The one wich I have implemented will not work with suexec, because awstats.pl is not in docroot.

Daniel

5. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Yes this one should work as it's generating static files.

6. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

I just updated the version of AWStats (6.7) in Beta 2.

7. the_spy

the_spy New Member

it would be great if Awstats support would be official and integrated directly it ISPConfig one day :)

8. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Actually, it's integrated in the dev version. But this version really needs more testing. So anyone who want's to contribute please test the dev version and report all bugs.

9. the_spy

the_spy New Member

just installed this awstats module with following the guide on http://jnsc.ch/ispconfig.php, on Debian etch with last stable ispconfig

for now it works great :) I launched manually the awstats script and it generated everything in about 20min without problem.

one question, after an ispconfig upgrade, should I reinstall the awstats module, or it is moved automatically during the upgrade ?

also, what is "Erstelle Statistik Verzeichnis" in the result of the awstats script ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2008
  10. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Actually you have to reinstall after an ISPConfig upgrade.

It's just telling you that it's created the stats directory.

Regards

11. jfruano

jfruano New Member

I upgrade to latest version of AWStats 6.7 Beta 2 (on ISPConfig stable 2.2.15), but not show any icon, flags and colors of graphics bar.

Some suggestion?

J.F. Ruano

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  12. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Yes, they seem to be a bug, but I can not find where. Can you please post the output of
    Code:
    ls -la /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/awstats

13. jfruano

jfruano New Member

This the result :

ruano:/# ls -la /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/awstats
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 46 2007-08-12 02:44 /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/awstats -> /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/awstats-6.7

J.F. Ruano

14. jfruano

jfruano New Member

Solved

I have solved the problem modifying line 222 of /etc/awstats/shared.conf

changed with:
    I don't know if it is correct, but now works well :)

any other solution ?

J.F. Ruano.

15. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

If this solves the problem, it's ok, but it doesn't help me with finding the bug :).

Do you have this line in your apache2.conf ?

Code:
    Alias /icons/ "/usr/share/apache2/icons/"
    what is the error you get in your error log? a 404 for icon? What is the full path in the log? this would be very helpful. thanks

Jonas

16. jfruano

jfruano New Member

Hi Jonas

Yes I have this line, but the dir /icons/ "/usr/share/apache2/icons/ has any icon or folders of awstats

Code:
    what is the error you get in your error log? a 404 for icon?
    /icon/other/awstats_logo6.png
    Code:
     What is the full path in the log? 
    /var/www/webXX/log

Best regards

J.F. Ruano

17. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Sorry, I made a wrong cut and past, I meat
    Code:
    Alias /icon "/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/awstats/wwwroot/icon/"

18. jfruano

jfruano New Member

Yes, also I have included at the end of the file, this the code of end file:
    Code:
    ### AWStats Section ### 
    Alias /icon "/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/awstats/wwwroot/icon/" 
    ### End of AWStats Section ###

Include /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf

J.F. Ruano.

19. swieep

swieep New Member

icons and left menu

Hi,

Today I installed the beta-2 from you website and I also mis the icons.

I see the apache2.conf was backupped and apache was restarted but there is no change in made in apache2.conf maybe that is the problem?

I now changed the apache2.conf by hand, but I still miss the left menu and the page does not look as my old awstats on my old server..

Hope you can help me, and thanks for making the script in the first place..

p.s. I also have no stats < october.. I tried the command line of page 6, and got a new html for month 9 but data is set to month 10, i also include the -log in your second post about the rebuild of the old data..

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  20. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Ok, I will have to look at the installer, this is maybe due to a change in the default apache configuration file. This is the static version, so you will not get the scroll down menus. If you need them have a look at this forum there is a thread about "AWStats dynamic pages".

For generating old log the fastest thing to do, as the command line does not seem to care about the -log option is to temporary symlink the default log file (I don't remember exactly how it's called but I think it's web.log) to 2007/10/web.log and the run the script by adding the -builddate option.