AWStats - Shows only one month

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by erosbk, Jul 1, 2011.

1. erosbk

erosbk New Member

How can I change it? I lost June, I can only see stats por Jul today... I need to keep and show always the 6 last month, where can I set it?

Thanks in advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which ispconfig version?

3. erosbk

erosbk New Member

ISPConfig 3.0.3.3, Debian

4. erosbk

erosbk New Member

I can't make it show more than the current month... I added AllowFullYearView=3 in domain conf file, but it was replaced by ispconfig... I will check if something happens tonight modifing it in awstats.conf.

5. ch_jacobsen

ch_jacobsen New Member

6. erosbk

erosbk New Member

Didn't work, I get access to download awstats.pl as a file (I set site to use CGI instead Fast-CGI+SuEXEC, same happens)

I think that CGI will use proc time is a user request statistics accessing awstats.pl. I think that the solution could be to keep the old statistics generated in every month change, and give access to them.

Till, could this be a possible feature to add? or it is already implemented and it is not working for me? statistics for just current month is not what users want I think, they want to see historic data.

7. till

As far as I know, keeping statistics for older months should work in ISPConfig 3.0.3.3. There was a bug in a older version which has been fixed. Or do you use a version from SVN, so the version number displayed might be incorrect?

8. erosbk

erosbk New Member

9. erosbk

erosbk New Member

Are awstats working for someone showing more than current month? I have historic month bw use, but I can't see stats for older months (day by day, links, etc.)

Please help! my clients hates webalizer xD

10. erosbk

erosbk New Member

Till, is there something I can check for this? do I have to update/reinstall? could you help me please? I will be opening to public July 18, and I really want to offer this statistics =)

Thank you, and sorry for bother you

11. till

Take a look at the script /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php, ist contains a section for creating the awstats statistics. You can use the shell commands executed there to try to find out why the stats show only one month.

12. erosbk

erosbk New Member

Till, I didn't find any problem with the script. It just make statistics for the current month, but usage from previous months is show correctly:

Mes Visitantes distintos Número de visitas Páginas Solicitudes Tráfico
    Ene 2011 0 0 0 0 0
    Feb 2011 0 0 0 0 0
    Mar 2011 0 0 0 0 0
    Abr 2011 0 0 0 0 0
    May 2011 0 0 0 0 0
    Jun 2011 1114 1305 9518 143449 1.91 GB
    Jul 2011 469 543 3118 63036 942.04 MB
    Ago 2011 0 0 0 0 0
    Sep 2011 0 0 0 0 0
    Oct 2011 0 0 0 0 0
    Nov 2011 0 0 0 0 0
    Dic 2011 0 0 0 0 0
    Total 1583 1848 12636 206485 2.83 GB

But, It would be great to access previous months to see traffic per day for example...

I am working with the code right now, I will check if "today" is the first day of the month, and calculate BEFORE final statistics (cron_daily.php) the usage of the last day of the previous month... after this, I will COPY all stats files to a folder named [YEAR]-[MONTH] inside /stats.

Next, statistics will be calculated as always, but I will dinamically add links (maybe a combo?) to the index of the stats... so... with this, anyone can access previous month data...

Directory tree (it should be like this after a few months running)

Code:
    --/site
       ----/stats
             ----/2011-05
                  ---- index.html
                  ---- files.of.awstats
             ----/2011-06
                  ---- index.html
                  ---- files.of.awstats
             ---- index.html (current month)
             ---- files.of.awstats (current month)

If someone has a better idea, please post...

As I could understand, ISPConfig calculate only day stats, adding it existing statistics... is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  13. erosbk

erosbk New Member

14. till

Ok, I will check that.