Backup directory /var/backup could not be unmounted

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Stelios, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

I don't think I understand your question. Mail is stored in /var/vmail/{domain}/{user} by default, so if "mailxy" is some folder under such a directory, that is the domain and the account it is associated with.

2. jeensg

jeensg Member HowtoForge Supporter

In the backup-directory, mail is stored in folders mailxy (xy=numbers), then the tar-files are also numbered (e.g. mail43_2021-11-22_00-09.tar.gz). These numbers seem to be IDs, that I cannot relate to anyhow in ISPConfig or as user-IDs, as for the web-spaces.
    Better: :)
    1. /var/vmail/{domain}/{user}
    2. Backup: /var/backup/ispconfig/mail{xy}/mail{st}_$date_$time.tar.gz
    Where: domain!=xy and user!=st
    Question: How can I relate the two corresponding variables?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  3. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

/var/backup/mailX/mailY...

x = domain_id from mail_domain
    y = mailuser_id from mail_user

4. jeensg

Thank you for that. Is it anywhere in ISPConfig visible, the x and y? Because I don't find it :-(

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Probably not in ISPConfig panel, but you can look those up in the database. Those identifiers @florian030 gave are dbispconfig database table names and column names.

6. jeensg

Hello, it's me again :-D thanks for your help till right now. I did find out now the email-domains that it is refering to. Anyway, didn't solve my problem :)
    Would it be better to start a new thread since it's been getting out of hand / too long?

What I know so far:
    - every night there is the backup-process running and the unmounting-script is not able to unmount my backup-space, since a process is using the mount-point
    - it's always the same maildomain-id: /var/backup/mail18
    - the folder is now about 35GB big (is it maybe too much and lasting too long!?)
    - the later unmounting works, since my lsof-check is running again and then not failing, so it is triggered too soon obviously!?

Does anybody have more ideas on what to check again or what I am missing?
    I'll include the Screenshot of the 3 mails that I'm referring to. Thaaaanks!

By the way: letzte Nacht war seit Monaten das erste Mal, dass der Fehler nicht kam, der lsof-check aber ebenso 2 Mal getriggert wurde o_O

Attached Files: