Backup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alex916, Dec 11, 2005.

1. alex916

alex916 New Member

When i go in management panel and click on start backup, start to download backup_send.php and fail.
    What's wrong?

Thanks Alex

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What error do you get excatly?

3. alex916

alex916 New Member

When I click on "Start Download" button, the error come from explorer, itraduce it:
    Impossible to download backup_send.php from xxx.xxx.xxx. Try later.

Seem to download an internet page of ispconfig, probably do i miss some permission?

Thanks
    Alex

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Is xxx.xxx.xxx an IP address or a FQDN? If it's the latter, does its DNS record point to the correct IP address?

5. till

Do you get this error only in internet explorer or also in firefox?

6. alex916

alex916 New Member

You get it Till, with firefox works well.
    I never tried with it.
    The problem occurs with IE 6. i tried to change some protection but without success.
    I tried to make backup also from external networks, internal, with ip, with FQDN but is the same.
    From external networks, i tried also to make a backup with ftp (pointing to ISPconfig FTP) but with IE this didn't works and i get the error: "impossible to connect to ftp server" (or something like this).(i didn't tried with Firefox)
    The same FTP configuration, from internal network, works also with IE that Firefox.

Today i'll try with another pc with IE, my pc could be problems.

Thanks

Alex

7. till

Maybe its a problem with the http headers in IE. It does not work from my XP workstation too wit IE. I will have a look at the script. As i use Firefox most of the time, i've not recognized the error yet :)

8. flykip

flykip New Member

If it is of any help, I tried using Netscape and this gave me the file but with a .zip.php extension.
    Yes Firefox works fine.

Regards
    Brian

9. flykip

flykip New Member

10. till

OK, thanks. I will add this in the sources.