Batch User Creation

Discussion in 'General' started by Federico Zurro, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Federico Zurro

Federico Zurro New Member

Hiya All,

Our Company it's about to start providing free e-learning and Video Conferencing hosting for 'personal' use. (More stuff to follow)

We use Fedora 11 & Ispconfig 2 (might go for fedora 13, tests look ok so far)

Where should we start looking at for a 'Batch' creation of (lets say 500 users) ? We just want to create 500 users beforehand so we can just assign the users once our users sign up.

We need the users to be created like this:

1. webXX_user
    2. Use a template we created
    3. hostname.ourdmain.com (userXX.ourdomain.com)
    3. Assign ftp user

I've been looking at the ispconfig2 framework and some samples out there but it's just too complicated for me (no PHP experience here). One thing I'm quite confident about is 'database' and 'shell' scripting though

Anyway. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    Fede

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To use the api is easier then to do it in the db. If you would like to do it in the db, you would have to create also all the cross table records in isp_dep, isp_etc etc.

3. Federico Zurro

Thanks till. I was fearing that (but I had hopes). I'll look more into the API and PHP (didn't want to learn PHP, but there is no escape now).

Any usefull threats you guys might know off that could 'ease' my suffering ? :)

Fede,

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All information that is available about the API is in the ispconfig 2 developer forum here at howtoforge. But I fear that its not that much.

5. Federico Zurro

Thanks Till,

Reading time :(