Best LAMP How-To for Debian 5.0

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by fbnewtz, May 15, 2010.

1. fbnewtz

fbnewtz New Member

I just got a new dedicated box and want to setup a nice configuration this time. I was wondering what everyone's favorite How-To was for setting up their servers?

This is just going to be a normal LAMP box with ISPConfig3 on there. It doesn't have to be Apache and the method of installing PHP is up in the air at this time as well. I have used both modPHP and phpfcgi and I think I like the modPHP better right now. Although I could have just not configured the phpfcgi properly but it seemed to eat up way more resources on my current box.

I have heard about kill scripts that kill off processes that run for a long time. Maybe that is what the fcgi version of PHP needs to make it not eat up so much memory.

2. damir

damir New Member

3. fbnewtz

fbnewtz New Member

Perfect Server

I have used that before two other times now as well.

I was wondering if it is possible to use MPM-ITK ISPConfig. I would prefer to use modPHP instead of fastcgi. If I have a eight core server and 24 gigs of ram than fastcgi sounds fine. But I don't. The fastcgi processes that never go away end up killing me.

4. damir

damir New Member

Support for mpm-itk is included in ISPConfig 3.0.2+

5. fbnewtz

fbnewtz New Member

So I see the how to available in here, but it doesn't have anything to do with ISPConfig. Do I just need to get a working Apache and modPHP install going then reinstall ISPConfig? Or how do I tell ISPConfig to work with the MPM-ITK?