Best way to have Apache behind nginx through ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by effoo, Sep 29, 2018.

1. effoo

effoo New Member

Hi,
    there are some guides on how to run nginx as a reverse proxy for an apache server but most of them do not include/consider ISPConfig in the mix. These guides tell you to change things like /etc/nginx/proxy_params which probably is not healthy for ISPConfig (like https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...-as-reverse-proxy-for-apache-on-ubuntu-16-04/)
    Is there a solution to set up nginx in a way that all request to one domain go directly to the local Apache, but have this managed/set up through ISPConfig?
    Everything I tried so far included some sort of circumventing ISPConfig and always resulted in different errors.

Thanks in advance

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

That's said by @till, but you can still request a new feature.

You also try an approach discussed in one thread "ISPconfig3 Nginx Reverse Proxy" which the issue as stated is only SSL and Letsencrypt for nginx vhost.

There is also one tutorial "Nginx Catch-All Host As Front End To Apache For ISPConfig 3" which I am not sure whether it can still be accomplished without proper knowledge and troubleshooting it accordingly.

3. effoo

effoo New Member

@ahrasis thank you for your answer. I quit installing it with nginx and went back to Apache