Big Mail Problem :(

Discussion in 'General' started by kikobg, Dec 28, 2005.

1. kikobg

kikobg New Member

So I use ISPConfig for Control Panel after a restart of MYSQL server appears a strange mistake. Mixed-up the users and permissions. After a reset I fix the permissions which are not ok but then stop the correct working of remote checking of mail with Outlook. It seems that the POP3 server rejects the application. Before POP3 and SMTP was my server now SMTP can't be my server.
    My English is not very good and may be I didn’t explain everything very well, excuse me for that  Here is the whole text of the problem:

“The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'how are you', Account: 'kiko', Server: 'mx.sklasa.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79”

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is the domain abv.bg on your ISPCOnfig server? If not, you must check "Server requires authentication" in your outlook settings.

3. kikobg

kikobg New Member

No my server domain is sklasa.com and MX is mx.sklasa.com

4. till

Ok, then you will have to check "Server requires authentication" in your outlook settings.

5. kikobg

kikobg New Member

The settings of my Outlook are ok they haven’t been changed. On the server I have 30 acaunts and everything was perfekt before the appearing of the bug in MYSQL. After this problem I have problems with all the users (the users are from different cities in Bulgaria). I mean that the server doesn’t work any more like SMTP like it was before the problem it works now like POP3.

6. till

But users are not stored in the mySQL database in ISPConfig. Tehy are system users and stored in /etc/passwd.

You posted above that abv.bg is not the domain of your server, but is this domain hosted on your server?

7. kikobg

kikobg New Member

On my server hosted only domain sklasa.com and kartichki-bg.com, not abv.bg:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  8. till

If abv.bg is not hosted on your server, you must have "Server requires authentication" enabled in outlook to send email to this domain, because its an external domain. If your server would let you send mail to external domains without authentication, your server will be used by spammers to send spam and other mailservers will block your IP.

9. kikobg

kikobg New Member

Thanks a lot :) I'll try and then if I have stll a problem will write again.