Billing module can't send draft

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by mccharlet, Jun 2, 2014.

1. mccharlet

mccharlet Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I can't send a draft. When I select a invoice action, i have only duplicate and refund invoice

When i see the total of the invoice, This is 0 but i have one item with 12

I have ispconfig 3.0.5.4p1 and billiing 1.3 REV-5

Bets regards

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A draft is a internal, unfinished version of a invoice. A draft may not be sent somewhere as it is unfinished, has no invoice number assigned and also no invoice sum calculated yet. For that reason, the billing module does not offer a function to send drafts.

If you want to send this document, click on finish to convert the darft to a invoice first. This assigns a invoice number, caclculates the amount and changes the status of the document so that you may send it by email.

If you want to send a document to a customer when you dont know for sure if he will pay it and you dont want to have any VAT implications, then create a proforma invoice instead of a invoice. You can later convert the proforma invoice to a regular invoice.

3. mccharlet

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

But when i open the draft and click to "save and Finalize Invoice"
    it nothing happens (no error) (add item or save it's ok)

Bests regards

4. till

A draft can only be finalized when you add at least 1 item.

5. mccharlet

I have one or tow items

6. till

It works fine here, but I have rev10 installed on my test server. Please contact me by email to the address from were you received the billing module so that i can send you the rev10 update.

7. mccharlet

Hi,

With the REV-10 it's ok

I created a recurring item for a customer. the invoice is automatic create every month ?

It's possible to receive an email with a new revision is ready ?

Thanks

8. till

Yes. you can activate that Under global settings in the billingmodule on the most right tab of the form.

I've added your email to our update notification newsletter.

9. mccharlet

Hi,

How many time before the payment date the invoice is send by the Cron for Recurring Invoices ?

Bests regards

10. till

A invoice for a recurring item gets created and send when the current date > next payment date of the recurring item. The due date of a invoice is set by its payment terms (see payment terms list). You can set the billing terms for a client by going to the client list in the billing module and there click on the settings button to edit the client billing settings.