billing module

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by zustudios, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zustudios

zustudios Member

centos 6
    How do I set up the billing frontend so that customers can sign up for service?
    p.s. I will be using wordpress as my hosting website.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. zustudios

zustudios Member

I have the billing module. I just don't know how to set it up with my website.How do I connect the public to my ispconfig?Meaning How do I allow people to sign themselves up to be clients without me?I'm not understanding what the api is for.How do I (for example) use it with wordpress? where they can pick a package and be directed to sign in to my panel?Does it send them a password with my panel url?Does wordpress connect with ispconfig? How do I do it step buy step?I did it with sentora (http://www.sentora.org/) very easy.All I had to do is make a subdomain and upload files to the folder and fill in the conf file and the frontend was connected to the backend.Is this how it's done with ispconfig?I'm leaving sentora for ispconfig. ispconfig is much better but harder. Sorry I'm still a newbie.Break it down for me.

4. till

The ISPConfig billing module is a backend billing system integrated in ispconfig, it does not provide a ready made shop system for wordpress yet as most (larger) ISP's have their own websites anyway and integrate the billing system into their websites with the API. We are planning to release a demo implementation of the api based on wordpress for the 2.0 release, but that's not ready yet.

You can find examples on how to use the api in your scripts under the URL that I posted above.

5. zustudios

zustudios Member

The billing module frontend for sentora doesn't use wordpress it has its own frontend files for upload to the www,public_html folder (website folder) this is a stand alone software.Is ispconfig like this is that what you mean?what do I upload to my website folder for the public to see?I'm confused.the api is only a key correct?

6. zustudios

zustudios Member

I'm studying the scripts I'll get back to you.Thanks.

7. zustudios

zustudios Member

Where do I upload or locate the scripts when going live?I downloaded the example scripts.Where do I put them?

8. till

The scripts are examples that show you how to use the API when you program your website. So you don't go live with them, they are learning material that you as a programmer use as an example on how to integrate your website with ISPConfig. The scripts are written in PHP and therefore you can run them in on any php enabled webserver.

There is no ready to use billing frontend. The api is a function in ISPConfig to connect the frontend that you are developing for your website with ISPConfig. That's the way larger ISP's implement their websites as they don't use any stock frontend anyway to differentiate themselves from their competitors.

If you don't plan to implement your own custom website then the ISPConfig billing module might not be the right choice for you until we release a frontend plugin and you should e.g. take a look at the free whmcs plugin for ispconfig: https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/new-ispconfig-module-for-whmcs.67824/

9. zustudios

zustudios Member

10. till

The tutorial worked fine for me when I used it a few weeks ago to setup a server for a client. Which exact error message do you get.

BTW. CentOS is not easy to maintain, if you are not a longtime Linux admin then better use ubuntu or Debian, it is way easier to install and maintain then the CentOS server and you will have less trouble with updates later.

11. zustudios

zustudios Member

I get multiple errors while putting in the commands on digitalocean does anyone else use digitalocean?
    I can install it with few errors on virtualbox but not digitalocean.
    I'm using centos 6.7 and the tutorial is centos 6.5 maybe some changes in the commands with new system.
    I'm now using centos 7.1 and had the same problems but few problems on virtualbox.
    I can't even get 1/3 of the way done.
    Is there a command that will show the install log so i can show you?

12. till

There is no log for shell errors, but you can copy them when they appear on the screen. Does your digital ocean droplet has enough ram? I recommend to use at least 2gb for a full setup.

13. zustudios

zustudios Member

I will try again with centos 7.1 and let you know.

14. till

You should really consider to use a easier Linux distribution like ubuntu, CentOS is not a good choice in my opinion.

15. zustudios

zustudios Member

ok I will try ubuntu 14.04

16. zustudios

zustudios Member

root@server1:~# apt-get install libapache2-mod-fastcgi php5-fpm

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Package libapache2-mod-fastcgi is not available, but is referred to by another package.

This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or

is only available from another source

E: Package 'libapache2-mod-fastcgi' has no installation candidate

root@server1:~# quotacheck -avugm

quotacheck: Scanning /dev/disk/by-label/DOROOT [/] done

quotacheck: Cannot stat old user quota file //quota.user: No such file or directory. Usage will not be subtracted.

quotacheck: Cannot stat old group quota file //quota.group: No such file or directory. Usage will not be subtracted.

quotacheck: Cannot stat old user quota file //quota.user: No such file or directory. Usage will not be subtracted.

quotacheck: Cannot stat old group quota file //quota.group: No such file or directory. Usage will not be subtracted.

quotacheck: Checked 16167 directories and 102887 files

quotacheck: Old file not found.

quotacheck: Old file not found.

17. zustudios

zustudios Member

Is there and up to date tutorial to install ioncube for softaculous

18. zustudios

zustudios Member

Do I have to reinstall ispconfig 3?
    This is from softaculous:
    Hi,

Sir we tried to install ioncube on your server and when we tried to restart apache to see the changes, your apache is not starting as it is not configured properly.
    It is giving the following errors :
    [Sat Sep 05 02:24:18.503111 2015] [core:warn] [pid 31099] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_LOCK_DIR} is not defined
    [Sat Sep 05 02:24:18.503401 2015] [core:warn] [pid 31099] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_PID_FILE} is not defined
    [Sat Sep 05 02:24:18.503797 2015] [core:warn] [pid 31099] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_RUN_USER} is not defined
    [Sat Sep 05 02:24:18.503901 2015] [core:warn] [pid 31099] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_RUN_GROUP} is not defined
    [Sat Sep 05 02:24:18.504017 2015] [core:warn] [pid 31099] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_LOG_DIR} is not defined
    [Sat Sep 05 02:24:18.523055 2015] [core:warn] [pid 31099] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_LOCK_DIR} is not defined
    [Sat Sep 05 02:24:18.524685 2015] [core:warn] [pid 31099] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_RUN_DIR} is not defined
    [Sat Sep 05 02:24:18.525575 2015] [core:warn] [pid 31099] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_LOG_DIR} is not defined
    [Sat Sep 05 02:24:18.526839 2015] [core:warn] [pid 31099] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_LOG_DIR} is not defined
    [Sat Sep 05 02:24:18.526931 2015] [core:warn] [pid 31099] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_LOG_DIR} is not defined
    AH00526: Syntax error on line 74 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:
    Invalid Mutex directory in argument file:${APACHE_LOCK_DIR}

19. zustudios

zustudios Member

I reinstalled ispconfig 3 on ubuntu 14.04 and all of my sites go to squirrelmail what am I doing wrong?
    When I was using centos they went to the site default page.
    the mail and ftp are both working.

20. till

you have 2 options:

a) Add the IP address of the Server under System > Server IP and then select the IP address in the website settings of your websites instead of *.
    b) Edit the file /etc/apache2/conf-available/squirrelmail.conf and replace the IP address with * in the virtual host line.

You can not mix virtualhosts on an apache server that use * and IP, so either all virtual hosts must use * or all must use the IP but yu cant mix that as the vhost with the IP would get all traffic in a mixed enviroment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.