Block mail sent to specific address

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by SpeedyB, Aug 13, 2014.

1. SpeedyB

SpeedyB Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to have a list of mailaddresses of domains we manage with ispconfig which are dropped or blocked?

I have a catchall address for @my.domain.tld. When I registered at adobe I used the mailaddress [email protected]
    Since Adobe got hacked and lost the emailaddresses are now used for spam and I receive about 2000 mails for that account every day.

What I do now is a forward for [email protected] and forward it to [email protected] (They should get the mess they created, not me) but I would like to have it dropped at postfix because there is not such user...

Is this possible?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The mails dont get rejected because you accept all emails with a catchall. But you can try to add a postfix blacklist record in ispconfig to reject the emails or you add a transport with the type error to rejct the emails.

3. SpeedyB

That was exactly what I was looking for... but had to log in as admin :)

4. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

what I do is having a little local php script that I can just call in the browser and add email aliases.

I used to use catchall domains also and at some point spammers just created fake senders... so I got all the emails back... that's when I just started creating a new email alias for any service I need to supply an email address.

5. SpeedyB

I don't use catchall on the main domain eg. @domain.tld but only on subdomains @sub.domain.tld and for those I haven't noticed the fake senders...

For a few clients I do this that they have [email protected] and <catchall>@mail.domain.tld

Only when websites get hacked fi adobe You get a lot of spam on those emailadresses and they are identifiable because with adobe I used [email protected]

What I did before was to create a forward from [email protected] to [email protected]

They should get the mess they created ;-) but it puts a stress on the server which I rather prevent..