Built In Web FTP & Web Mail ISPConfig 3 Beta

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Samonoske, May 20, 2008.

1. Samonoske

Samonoske New Member

Hey i've just recently started using ISPConfig and already I love it. I'm now using ISPConfig 3 beta version and it's awesome. I was just wondering is there a possibility of getting a Web FTP and Web Mail client built in the ISPConfig 3 user interface so that I don't have to make my clients user a separate one? It'd be nice if they could just access it from the control panel without browsing to another page and I can keep the theme exact;y the same.

2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

Well I'd anyway suggest it more to have a seperate webmailclient, but maybe with sth. like a "sign on bridge" from the CP, e.g. choosing one of the existing mailbox accounts, and selected from that openening another webmail app, e.g. roundcube / squirrelmail.

The background of especially the webmail thing is, there are so many points to think of, and there are some real good webmail apps out there so why to recode it twice instead of putting the power to "real" CP features.

A more integrated webFTP (more than in ISPCfg. 2) I'd appreciate as well.

3. Samonoske

Samonoske New Member

Agree

Yes I agree with you on what you said. Just allowing users to sign in to their webmail using the CP and it taking them to the actual app. But i'd love to see integrated FTW