Can not run php command lines with ssh/sftp user created from ISPconfig

Discussion in 'General' started by yasine, Jun 12, 2024.

1. yasine

yasine Member

Hi, I've installed ISP config using the autoinstaller on my new server ( I have 2 other servers running it ) with debian12 and it works perfectly, I had just a problem when creating a new sftp user and access to the ssh server , I couldn't execute any php command or wp cli ( I work most of the time with wp cli to install and configure my new WordPress Websites ) , and the ssh user has Chroot Shell configured to Jailkit
    Screenshot 2024-06-12 175459.png
    Note : The root user does not have any of these problems

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

ahrasis and yasine like this.
  3. yasine

yasine Member

OK, Got it, fixed by updating Jailkit sections under System > Server config > server1.example.com > Jailkit > Jailkit chroot app sections.

Code:
    coreutils basicshell editors extendedshell netutils ssh sftp scp jk_lsh mysql-client git php php5_6 php7_0 php7_1 php7_2 php7_3 php7_4 php8_0 php8_1 php8_2 php8_3 wp composer imagemagick

4. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

that's a lot of php versions being added to every single jailkit.. many of them obsolete..
    you sure you want to add all of those?
    i'd stick with just the active supported ones.. 8.2 and 8.3, and 8.1 at a push (still gets security updates)
    ideally no sites should be using anything before those, but i know it's not an ideal world...
    if you do need an earlier version, it can be applied to that specific websites jailkit from the websites options tab.. much better than having eg, php5.6 or php7.0 in every single jailkit.

yasine and till like this.
  5. yasine

yasine Member

You're right. Even though ISPConfig allows you to choose the PHP version from those, I have removed PHP 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3. I need to keep PHP 7.4 because many of my applications depend on it.