Cannot access server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ubutux, Nov 28, 2005.

1. ubutux

ubutux New Member

I managed to get access to ispconfig , i had to change the workstation settings for the ip for the dns server to the ip of the ubuntu box and it all works ok ,so would this mean i have to have a dns record for the ubuntu server on the esmith box ? so i can test and set up the ubuntu box without issue ?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you use the esmith server as DNS server, then it must have a DNS record for your Ubuntu box (unless you want to work with IP addresses... ;) )!

3. ubutux

ubutux New Member

yet it wouldnt work with ip addresses ,at least it is up and running i just have to start to transfer data now .
    thanks for your help.

4. falko

It doesn't work with the IP address??? :confused:

5. ubutux

ubutux New Member

i have done some further playing and have worked out that the wireless router is causing the problem ,with it disconnected and the ubuntu server connected to the wired part of my network it all works ok .i can use the ip adress or hostname and both are working ,i have not altered anything on the esmith server.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Does your wireless router has the same IP then your ubuntu server?

7. ubutux

ubutux New Member

no the router has a different ip to the ubuntu (ispconfig) server but in the same range 192.168.x.x .

8. falko

What do you mean in the same range? If both systems are in 192.168.1.x, then it's fine, that's the same network, but 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x are different networks, for example...

9. ubutux

ubutux New Member

that is what i meant they are in the same network with different address's 192.168.2.5 and 192.168.2.20 .now that i have the ubuntu server on the wired part of my network it all works fine .